Nov 6 Apex B2B East-West Caribbean Cruise

Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, kristapb said:

We just got off the Apex yesterday and were in connecting IV cabins.  The connection door is inside the room, up near the entry door.  You can't even peek around the edge to see the next IV with the window all the way down.

So there is no connection divider between the balconies like a conventional balcony cabin?  Another reason to not like IV cabins.

53 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Ok.  Thanks anyway.  What is your assessment on the 4 dining rooms?  I am in the process of booking my dinner reservations there and we are planning on rotating and trying all 4 although, unlike you, we only have 7 nights.  Is one better than the other for, say, the Evening Chic nights?  

I decided to book one dinner at Eden based on your posts.

All MDRs were about the same, each with a little different look, but all had great service! We wound up liking Normandy the best, especially for chic night. We usually go when they first open and they would always seat us at a table for 4 at the window with the 2 extra place settings were removed which elated my DW to know end. All of the others MDRs had tables for 2 side by side next to the window. But check out the menus for each MDR and see which ones you like the best.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

So there is no connection divider between the balconies like a conventional balcony cabin?  Another reason to not like IV cabins.

Correct.  They are solid walls right to the edge of the cabin where the infinite balcony ends.  When we were on the Edge with our friends in the cabin beside us, my friend and I had to stretch out our arms around the edge of the "balcony" and our hands could barely touch and it was difficult to hear each other.   It is totally private and not at all like a conventional balcony.  

9 hours ago, kristapb said:

We just got off the Apex yesterday and were in connecting IV cabins.  The connection door is inside the room, up near the entry door.  You can't even peek around the edge to see the next IV with the window all the way down.

Thank you, so then its like on the Reflection.

I like that part about the window, it stays very private.

Thanks for sharing ken!

We LOVED our 2 weeks on the Edge...the 2 weeks right before you boarded. 

Yeah, didn't mind a few more hours on board that last day...

We DID enjoy Eden, so looking even MORE forward to Eden on Apex in March.

Rockumentary looks great--hope it's still there in March as well.

(I can do without Jason Bishop...)

I will say I LOVED sailing a half full ship & NEVER needing to be early to anything.

Guess that "ship has sailed"...

32 minutes ago, KKB said:

Thanks for sharing ken!

We LOVED our 2 weeks on the Edge...the 2 weeks right before you boarded. 

Yeah, didn't mind a few more hours on board that last day...

We DID enjoy Eden, so looking even MORE forward to Eden on Apex in March.

Rockumentary looks great--hope it's still there in March as well.

(I can do without Jason Bishop...)

I will say I LOVED sailing a half full ship & NEVER needing to be early to anything.

Guess that "ship has sailed"...

You will definitely be impressed by the expanded Eden menu on the Apex. I know we were. We agree, Jason Bishop was not someone we looked forward to seeing again. But I have to say some of his illusions were pretty good. Many of which we wound up seeing 3 times and still couldn't figure out how he did them. 😎

Thanks Ken for all the info. We are on the east route of the Apex in February. We were booked in an inside cabin but just tonight I changed to a SV sunset balcony on deck 9.  Super excited for the large balcony and loved your pics and intel that we should ask for loungers!   You mentioned that these aft cabins have a vibration and lilt. Was this constant and something you always felt?  I have a tendency to motion sickness if lots of motion but really wanted to try this location.  Any other Cons to these cabins??  Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, skatie said:

Thanks Ken for all the info. We are on the east route of the Apex in February. We were booked in an inside cabin but just tonight I changed to a SV sunset balcony on deck 9.  Super excited for the large balcony and loved your pics and intel that we should ask for loungers!   You mentioned that these aft cabins have a vibration and lilt. Was this constant and something you always felt?  I have a tendency to motion sickness if lots of motion but really wanted to try this location.  Any other Cons to these cabins??  Thanks! 

You’ll be fine. The vibration as well as any rocking motion was very, very mild and most of the time pretty much nonexistent. The Edge class ships are big and very well designed. You are going to love your SV!! 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Ken, following along since I just booked an SV on Beyond for June, 2023 and have a 'burning question':  deck plans for the aft SV's on each pax deck show a blank strip between for instance 9309 and -ll; and 9310 and -12 with the same plan showing on each of the upper decks.  My friend and I with adjacent SV's on Beyond which show the white space between the cabins are wondering what that space represents, and most importantly, will we be able to open the verandas to allow access to each other?

Just hoping you might have noticed since you're in the SV as well!

Donna

53 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Hi, Ken, following along since I just booked an SV on Beyond for June, 2023 and have a 'burning question':  deck plans for the aft SV's on each pax deck show a blank strip between for instance 9309 and -ll; and 9310 and -12 with the same plan showing on each of the upper decks.  My friend and I with adjacent SV's on Beyond which show the white space between the cabins are wondering what that space represents, and most importantly, will we be able to open the verandas to allow access to each other?

Donna

I believe it represents a solid wall like ours did in 11272. However, rest easy. There was a door between 11272 and 11274 as there appears to be between both 9309/11 and 9310/12. I believe that little box on the balcony represents the presence of the door. Hope this helps. 😎

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Donna

We had cabins 9308, 9310, 9311, and 9312 and all balconies were able to open on to one another.  Cabin 9310 and 9312 has a access door cut into the steel hull that opens between them as does the structure between 9311 and 9309.  It was a great space to gather for our family of eight.

9308 to 9310.jpg

9308-9310.jpg

9311 to 9309.jpg

9311 to 9312.jpg

9311.jpg

9312 to 9310.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 3:20 PM, ATLJC said:

We had cabins 9308, 9310, 9311, and 9312 and all balconies were able to open on to one another.  Cabin 9310 and 9312 has a access door cut into the steel hull that opens between them as does the structure between 9311 and 9309.  It was a great space to gather for our family of eight.

9308 to 9310.jpg

9308-9310.jpg

9311 to 9309.jpg

9311 to 9312.jpg

9311.jpg

9312 to 9310.jpg

Hi ATLJC:  I am Shelli, Donna's friend and I do appreciate the info and the pics.  So now my question is regarding the oval door cut into the steel.....Is that the only access between 9310 and 9212?  Or is there also the door that is closer to the balcony that can open?  Thanks for any info you can provide.

Shelli

24 minutes ago, cruiseaddict44 said:

Hi ATLJC:  I am Shelli, Donna's friend and I do appreciate the info and the pics.  So now my question is regarding the oval door cut into the steel.....Is that the only access between 9310 and 9212?  Or is there also the door that is closer to the balcony that can open?  Thanks for any info you can provide.

Shelli

Yes, the only way between the balconies that share the steel bulkheads are through the cut-out portals.

Deck 9 Apex.jpg

16 hours ago, ATLJC said:

Yes, the only way between the balconies that share the steel bulkheads are through the cut-out portals.

Deck 9 Apex.jpg

Thanks so much for your prompt reply!  I have changed my cabin so Donna and I can "share" our  balconies with a more "open view" however we have some friends that are considering doing the cruise and they would also want SV cabins.  So now, because of your info sharing, I can let them know what to expect as far as adjoining cabins with us.   Thanks again and Happy Sailing!!!!

Shelli

• Like 1