Carnival now offer Covid Tests for vaccinated at the port.

UpstateCruizer

I would gladly pay $100 for a test at the port, it would be less stressful for me, no appointments anywhere near me right now and the home test would cost just a much if I bought double just in case one test was messed up or something. I hope they eventually offer this fleet wide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like people whined when Carnival backed out of offering tests at the ports and whine when Carnival offers tests at the ports. Glad the universe is back in balance. There always was going to be a nominal charge and insurance not accepted.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
34 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Looks like people whined when Carnival backed out of offering tests at the ports and whine when Carnival offers tests at the ports. Glad the universe is back in balance. There always was going to be a nominal charge and insurance not accepted.

I'm not understanding this post. I see people discussing a surprise at the price which is questionable to those who accept or dislike the offer . Are you whining about people whining ?

20 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I'm not understanding this post. I see people discussing a surprise at the price which is questionable to those who accept or dislike the offer . Are you whining about people whining ?

Situation normal. Carnival can't please everyone. There always was going to be a price. Carnival charges unvaxed $150 for 2 tests. Vaxed people $100 for 1 test. Nothing wrong with a quantity discount. The universe is in balance.

As stated earlier Galveston has done this for a while. It's not cheap, and they cut it off well before sailing.
 The embarkation crew here will jump through hoops to help people. They have a holding area for those with missing birth certificates and accept faxed or email PDF's to get people aboard.

See you at sea.

Edited by BallFour4

Just an FYI.  For our Rapid test at CVS, they billed my insurance company about $160.  My insurance said no that their R&C is about $55 and that is what they paid.  I paid nothing.  So $100 is not outrageous IMO and who knows, you might be able to file a claim with your insurance company for (partial) reimbursement if your plan allows for non-preferred providers (doubt CCL is a preferred provider).

• Like 1

We have to pay $129 pp for the test to board the plane to fly to Nola which we will do on the 2nd.

Then on the 3rd we fly & stay in Nola until the 5th for the cruise.

Looks like the test will have expired it's time frame. So where do we go to get a test for the cruise portion of our trip. I would pay the $100 pp if I had no other choices & it was offered.

Anyone know where & how much for a test in New Orleans for double vaxed travellers.

Guest BasicSailor
18 minutes ago, eltigre said:

We have to pay $129 pp for the test to board the plane to fly to Nola which we will do on the 2nd.

Looks like the test will have expired it's time frame. So where do we go to get a test for the cruise portion of our trip. I would pay the $100 pp if I had no other choices & it was offered.

Anyone know where & how much for a test in New Orleans for double vaxed travellers.

Your nearest Walgreens would be free ! Advanced appointments to days prior .

55 minutes ago, eltigre said:

I was reading John Heald's Facebook page and it sounds like they are seeing if this testing works out. If so it might be avalaible for Christmas. He also alluded to possibly having it for Canadians flying back.

We can hope 🙂

14 hours ago, naxer said:

Since this was posted, I think you need to add another "no fluid in the bottle."  No matter how many tests are sent out, in this small group, this is not a very good track record.  The company has some QC issues.  I do not recall ever having found an empty dispenser in any pharmaceutical product I have previously purchased.

I find it all stressful, and I don't find people sharing their experiences or concerns inflating it.  Thanks to their taking the time to post, knowing what can go wrong has helped me to consider what the  back-up options are.  

Nailed it. Well said

3 hours ago, dna529 said:

It seems unreasonable to charge so much, when NCL is testing people at the port for free.

Have you done a price comparision between Carnival and NCL?

Carnival is the cheapest cruise line. I would rather pay less for my cruise and then pay for my own test (either myself or through Carnival) then pay way more then $100 per person just to get a free test.

NCL has put the testing fee into their cost. Nothing is free 🙂

On 11/4/2021 at 2:06 PM, RRLC said:

Question:  If you purchased a non refundable cruise fare and you choose to test through Carnival at the port, what happens if you test positive?  Will you receive a refund for the cruise?

See the third tab at the top, "Covid 19 Refund and Cancellation Policy" at this link:

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

(You can also find that link at the top of Carnival's home page)

Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation

• If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Carnival in the event of denial at embarkation, or a pro-rated refund of the unused portion of your Cruise Fare in all other cases.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1