Oceania Pre-Cruise Land Testing

garyc20

1 hour ago, garyc20 said:

Going to Paris 3 days before cruise on a Oceania land pre-cruise. Looks like we will be wise to have the 72 Hour test. Will Oceania set this up??

If you are doing a pre-cruise stay before starting your O cruise, O has links to assist you in finding a testing site close to yout hotel for setting up your 72 hour testing.  They will test you prior to embarkation at the pier.

We have a 5 day pre cruise stay in Trieste next week prior to boarding Marina and have purchased the "monitored" Abbott rapid test kit to take with us and complete with the online proctoring in our hotel.  Those test are accepted for travel and can only be purchased online for $70.00 for 2 kits.

1 hour ago, garyc20 said:

Going to Paris 3 days before cruise on a Oceania land pre-cruise. Looks like we will be wise to have the 72 Hour test. Will Oceania set this up??

72 hr Test is essential to establishing Covid is not a PEC. Check with your hotel concierge re: best test options in Paris.

• Like 1

Pharmacies all across Parts administers the test. I think best to find one that can print out your results for you.  Otherwise, it comes via email with a code and a protocol to download the results.Make sure you have a strong WiFi connection before originally opening the email. The procedure has a time limit once the code /password is opened.

Pharmacies in Paris close between 12:00 and 14:00 on Saturdays and don’t reopen until Monday morning. If getting the test on Saturday GO EARLY, around 09:00 when they first open. Other days the are open until 18:00. 

It’s a far easier process in Paris than in the States.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

72 hr Test is essential to establishing Covid is not a PEC. Check with your hotel concierge re: best test options in Paris.

The 72 hr test protects my ability to be refunded/reimbursed if denied boarding as the result of a positive test. Am I understand all of this correctly?   According to O's web site:

Oceania Cruises strongly recommends you obtain a PCR test not more than 72 hours prior to travel. If a PCR test is not readily available, then we encourage guests to at a minimum take a laboratory administered COVID-19 Antigen test not more than 72 hours prior to travel. 

We arrive in PPT a day before boarding so our pre-flight PCR Test is now more than 72 hours old.  After arrival in PPT we re-test (either a store bought self test or get results back from the FP required "arrival" test) and then somewhere between 8-10 hours later O tests us as part of the pre-boarding process IAW:

Vaccines, combined with multi-layered and robust preventative health and safety measures, including universal COVID-19 testing prior to embarkation, will help us provide a uniquely safe and healthy vacation environment that we believe exceeds all other vacation choices on land and at sea.

Those travelers spending several days at or near their embarkation port will all be arranging tests (monitored DIY, local test sites, or wherever) as late as the morning of embarkation and then Re-tested by O at the dock.

This is not meant to be a criticism, as I cannot think of another way to provide the safe cruising we want.  Just an observation.

• Like 1

Our hotel, in France, arranged a rep from the Pharmacy to come to our hotel room and administer the test there. We chatted , and my wife &I  enjoyed cocktails , afterwards for about 20 minutes until he declared  “ You passed” and he left to go to another room. We had an official document from the Pharmacy awaiting us at the Hotel desk the next morning. We did this, via our hotel concierge, on Friday evening before our scheduled Sunday Embarkment.

Moral of story, unless staying in a “ no tell motel “, talk to the hotel concierge or front desk personnel before doing anything.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Our hotel, in France, arranged a rep from the Pharmacy to come to our hotel room and administer the test there. We chatted , and my wife &I  enjoyed cocktails , afterwards for about 20 minutes until he declared  “ You passed” and he left to go to another room. We had an official document from the Pharmacy awaiting us at the Hotel desk the next morning. We did this, via our hotel concierge, on Friday evening before our scheduled Sunday Embarkment.

Moral of story, unless staying in a “ no tell motel “, talk to the hotel concierge or front desk personnel before doing anything.

Great suggestion!  thanks.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, pinotlover said:

As long as you can bear the high cost, this is a good solution.  Otherwise, go outside, walk the half a block to the nearest pharmacy (they're everywhere), and pay a fraction of the cost.

• Like 1

Got this email from Oceania this AM:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We want to provide you with an important update to our pre-embarkation testing policies and procedures. 

Currently, we strongly recommend that our guests obtain a Covid-19 test 48 to 72 hours prior to embarkation. This is in addition to the mandatory pre-embarkation testing that Oceania Cruises conducts at the embarkation terminal prior to boarding. Beginning in January, we will be amending our testing protocols to streamline the check-in and embarkation process for our guests. 

For voyages departing on and after January 17, 2022, in lieu of on-site testing at the embarkation terminal, Oceania Cruises will require that all guests arrive at the embarkation terminal with a negative, third-party (laboratory) verified Covid-19 test result. Guests may present either an antigen or PCR test not older than two (2) calendar days prior to boarding for voyages embarking from a U.S. port and not more than three (3) calendar days old prior to boarding for voyages embarking in a non-U.S. port. Guests not in possession of a negative, third-party Covid-19 test result will not be allowed to embark for the voyage. 

Covid Test Taken No Earlier Than

Voyage Embark Day

Voyage originates in U.S. port

Voyage originates outside the U.S.

Sunday

Friday

Thursday

Monday

Saturday

Friday

Tuesday 

Sunday

Saturday

Wednesday

Monday

Sunday

Thursday

Tuesday

Monday

Friday 

Wednesday

Tuesday

Saturday 

Thursday

Wednesday

Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating Covid-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen.  

Given that the vast majority of our guests are already undergoing testing prior to travel in addition to testing upon arrival in-country for international travel, we feel this will provide for a more comfortable and efficient embarkation experience to begin your Oceania Cruises vacation. The online check-in process and staggered (“reserved”) boarding times will remain in place.  

Oceania Cruises will continue to evaluate and adjust pre-cruise testing requirements as the global health map evolves and we will communicate any changes in as timely a fashion as is practicable. Additionally, should local requirements in any embarkation ports require pre-boarding testing, we will notify those guests in advance of travel. 

For voyages departing prior to January 17, 2022, there are no changes to our current protocols and processes. 

We will continue to update our SailSafe protocols and policies along with the latest up to date Travel Requirements at OceaniaCruises.com and through individual communications which are emailed to both our valued guests and travel partners. 

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. 

On behalf of the entire team at Oceania Cruises, we thank you for your attention to this important update and we look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future. 

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services

Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Oceania Cruises at:

United States and Canada 855-OCEANIA (855-623-2642)

United Kingdom and Europe +44 345 505 1920

Australia 1300 355 200

New Zealand 0800 625 691

Singapore +65 31 651 677 / Malaysia +60 3-30992292 / India +91 22-71279118

Taiwan +886 2-77031292 / Hong Kong and the rest of Asia +852 2165 6010

China 400 842 8362

• Thanks 2

As posted in another tread, entering Chile is now a task. On a positive note, a free Covid test is mandated at the Santiago airport upon arrival. Then 6-24 hour quarantine at your hotel awaiting results. So there is one source for the test. The hotels there will also assist you in getting to and from testing centers prior to Embarkment or flight back to the States.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gray Eagle02 said:

Got this email from Oceania this AM:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We want to provide you with an important update to our pre-embarkation testing policies and procedures. 

Currently, we strongly recommend that our guests obtain a Covid-19 test 48 to 72 hours prior to embarkation. This is in addition to the mandatory pre-embarkation testing that Oceania Cruises conducts at the embarkation terminal prior to boarding. Beginning in January, we will be amending our testing protocols to streamline the check-in and embarkation process for our guests. 

Thanks Grey Eagle02!  I haven't seen this yet, but glad there is progress in the communication department. 

Continuing partial confusion in that O uses both Hour-based and Day of the Week time/dead-lines.  Unnecessary ambiguity!

We're on 28Jan from SCL/Port Antonio, what departure are you, or that the email you received referenced? Can you provide a web-link/html address?

it’s a good job I extended my stay in Barbados prior to my TA in March, won’t be a problem for me i. That case.

December 2022 might be an issue as I fly into Miami  the day before  but I am sure things will either be vastly different or a huge industry of antigen testing at hotels will have sprung up around the POM.

48 hour testing does make things slightly more challenging from those travelling from outside the US to embark in the US. 

Regent cruisers have been sent the same policy change as well. 

We’re on the Riviera 28 Jan Miami-Miami. Got the email today with reference to my up coming cruise. We were undecided regarding getting the test as we live in suburbs of Jacksonville and we’re driving up the day before. Because we’re driving we really weren’t concerned about the ramifications of the embarkation test. Guess we’ll get it now on Wednesday and hope the results are back prior to our leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jockocruiser said:

Thanks Grey Eagle02!  I haven't seen this yet, but glad there is progress in the communication department. 

Continuing partial confusion in that O uses both Hour-based and Day of the Week time/dead-lines.  Unnecessary ambiguity!

We're on 28Jan from SCL/Port Antonio, what departure are you, or that the email you received referenced? Can you provide a web-link/html address?

Got the email today via my TA. 

• Like 1

Maybe those in Florida can tell me if the tests go through on Sundays just as fast as weekdays?  Where I live sometimes they take longer over a Sunday.  I will be visiting friends in Florida prior to my 2/7 cruise and will then need to get the test in Florida on Saturday before my Monday cruise.  Thanks.