Priscilla on Epic?

sarr7

Just noticed that Priscilla Queen of the Desert vanished from my upcoming Feb 2022 sailing on the Epic - Burn the Floor, Zambooka, and Howl at the Moon are now the only 3 things mentioned under "Entertainment". 

Anyone have any insight into whether NCL is cancelling this show in favor of bringing something new onboard the Epic? Just curious!

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

We were on the Epic a couple of weeks ago.  The show did not go on.  We were told it was because of "technical problems."  It's my understanding that it hasn't played on the Epic for the last several cruises.

Definitely on when I sailed on the 6th October. But one night got moved from the Thursday to Friday night 

Burn the floor was on too

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If I ever sail the Epic again (I hope not), I'm hoping that Priscilla is playing.  That will get a lot of passengers out of my way at real entertainment venues.

I've been on two Epic cruises with Priscilla. I had booked a third despite, not because of, the fact that Priscilla was still playing, but that cruise, January 2021, was cancelled.

There was one passenger on the second cruise who was on the ship for four consecutive sailings and went to the show every night it was offered, so at least 8 times in one month.

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

Does it have something to do with the small child(ren) in the cast?

It's very strange that both of the big theater shows are cancelled. I heard that they moved the Epic Beatles into the theater. I just didn't realize it was EVERY SINGLE NIGHT 😵

There isn't a small child it is one of the shorter female cast members

I hadn't seen Priscilla yet (this'll be my 1st time on the Epic!) and was looking forward to it.

Here's hoping they bring it - or something else on its level - back soon! That'd be so disappointing to be on a cruise with zero big shows - that's been one of my favorite part of NCL sailings. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 8:19 AM, kochleffel said:

There was one passenger on the second cruise who was on the ship for four consecutive sailings and went to the show every night it was offered, so at least 8 times in one month.

I saw the show multiple times on Broadway and loved it.  Haven't had occasion to be on the Epic in a number of years.  8 times would be excessive, even for me 🙂

45 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

I saw the show multiple times on Broadway and loved it. 

I tried to watch it on the Epic.  I think we left a few minutes before it ended to beat the rush and get to a restaurant that was about to close.  Next time on the Epic we just ignored it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big_G_111 said:

FYI:

I just received an e-mail from NCL stating that “‘Priscilla, Queen of the Desert” will not be available on Norwegian Epic from now through January 20, 2022. 

That's a shame.  It a great theater production and we attended both times we were on the Epic.

I’m so bummed we won’t get to see it on the Epic, we sail on January 16th. I was really looking forward to seeing it.  Maybe we will get lucky and they will surprise us with a performance of it since it is so close to the January 20th date. 

I found the January 20th date to be odd anyways, since Epic sails on January 16th and then the next sailing isn’t until January 23rd. Why didn’t they just say it is canceled through January 22nd?

Interesting! I sail February 13 on the Epic - they still haven't added it back into the Entertainment listings, though. I'm guessing that January 20th date may be a moving target. 

Did the email give a reason?

1 hour ago, sarr7 said:

Interesting! I sail February 13 on the Epic - they still haven't added it back into the Entertainment listings, though. I'm guessing that January 20th date may be a moving target. 

Did the email give a reason?

Full letter…

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners, Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) for your vacation at sea. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Epic very soon. Despite our commitment to delivering world-class experiences across our fleet, like many businesses making a comeback after an extended period of interrupted operations, we have been faced with a few challenges.

As such, we wanted to share an update on the available entertainment aboard Norwegian Epic. Travel partners are advised to share the below information with guests who may be affected. "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" will not be available aboard Norwegian Epic sailings through January 20, 2022.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, rest assured we will continue to deliver engaging entertainment on board including "Burn the Floor", featuring an international champion cast of ballroom dancers; the rock n' roll dueling piano bar, "Howl at the Moon"; interactive entertainment options including "Deal or No Deal" and the new "Bamboozled" tabletop escape experience; and a variety of ways to fill your days on board. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Norwegian Epic.

Sincerely, Katty Byrd Vice President, Guest Services

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

Going through the NCL site onto the 16 Jan cruise it is listed.  The letter less than clear saying sailing through 20 Jan 22 when there are departures 16 Jan and 23 Jan 22.

image.thumb.png.998dea20450b9bf339ac23b147df8f17.png

That’s just boiler plate language you see there. They don’t go and adjust every sailing details on the website when there are temporary cancellations. 

However on a related note, someone who was on the Epic last week posted on Facebook and said they had resume Priscilla and they went to it. So hopefully things are getting back on track. Now just have to hope Omicron doesn’t mess it all up again. 😔

• Like 1