Coffee on MSC

jules815

My husband and I were on Meraviglia a couple of weeks ago. We were just talking about how everything on the ship was great, but for him, he really loved the coffee. His experience on other lines has been that unless you ordered a specialty coffee, you could pretty much guarantee the coffee wouldn't be very good. This cruise was different though. Everything he ordered was very good, including the room service coffee. He never used the Nespresso in the room. I'm not a coffee drinker (love the smell, hate the taste), but the tea was good too. (Twinings)

Edited by jules815
  • Like 3

They used Segafredo coffee in Yacht Club Top Sail Lounge and in YC Restaurant last month on Meraviglia.

The cappuccino from Top Sail Lounge was slightly better (foam and aroma) than in YC Restaurant. I guess the automatic coffee makers are differently adjusted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

My husband and I were on Meraviglia a couple of weeks ago. We were just talking about how everything on the ship was great, but for him, he really loved the coffee. His experience on other lines has been that unless you ordered a specialty coffee, you could pretty much guarantee the coffee wouldn't be very good. This cruise was different though. Everything he ordered was very good, including the room service coffee. He never used the Nespresso in the room. I'm not a coffee drinker (love the smell, hate the taste), but the tea was good too. (Twinings)

Is this YC coffee you’re talking about, or coffee for us regular folks?

I too loved the coffee on the Meriveglia!!! It was the best cruiseline coffee I have ever had and I was not in the YC. and it was in both the the buffet and the regular dining room. Made me very happy to be able to enjoy a nice cup of coffee after dinner 

• Like 7

Yeah!... MSC coffee, even on "steerage" is normally very good to great!...

Trademarks may vary. 90% of the times it has been Segafredo. But I've seen some Lavazza and some smaller trademarks in South America. The "free" variant in the buffet is Lavazza and while not at par with the specialty version it is good enough to go with.

Have a nice day!...

• Like 2

Never sailed in YC but I will say the MSC has the best coffee I have ever tasted on a cruise ship so it is not only in the YC.  I can't stand the coffee on other cruise lines out of the buffet or MDR but I drank a lot of coffee in the MDR and buffet on MSC.  When sailing other cruise lines we take instant coffee, it is better than the cruise lines but love that on MSC I don't have to do that!

• Like 2

We were on the Meraviglia (not YC) last month and also thought the coffee was great!  Best we ever had on a cruiseline.  Also, loved the fact that they serve it in a mug at the buffet and not those tiny cups you typically get that require about 4 refills to get the amount of caffeine I need to get going in the morning!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kidless said:

On Divina (yacht club) the regular coffee was to strong for my liking I’m a black coffee drinker. I tried cappuccino’s and absolutely loved them. 

Same here.  I called it Ajax coffee!  Stronger than dirt!  Cappuccinos were excellent.  

• Like 1