Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Does anyone know if it is easy to get an Uber or Lyft at the Miami cruise terminal? Gotta be cheaper than a ship’s transfer, yes?

We have have used Uber or Lyft for years to get to the airport from the ship. And did so this past Dec. 23rd after our cruise before yours. 

• Thanks 1

We docked there Nov 27th. Walked around and had lunch outdoors and got Cmas gifts , wanted to do the same. Very very few masks being worn then. I always eat lunch outdoors but there are a couple stores I go in and shop at.

6 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

We docked there Nov 27th. Walked around and had lunch outdoors and got Cmas gifts , wanted to do the same. Very very few masks being worn then. I always eat lunch outdoors but there are a couple stores I go in and shop at.

So how many passengers and crew are Covid positive today?   Has it got any worse?  I'm looking at moving my Jan.23rd cruise to March 6th.  Almost the same but one island different.  Not that it really matters since you seem to be skipping islands anyways.  Half the suites are still empty.

54 minutes ago, Rotenmutts said:

So how many passengers and crew are Covid positive today?   Has it got any worse?  I'm looking at moving my Jan.23rd cruise to March 6th.  Almost the same but one island different.  Not that it really matters since you seem to be skipping islands anyways.  Half the suites are still empty.

Don’t know the exact number- maybe 16 guests and 20 pax, but a very low positivity rate. My guess is that ports have been spooked by the CDCs advice not to sail. Pushing back til March might be wise at this point.

Just now, Mackdogmolly said:

Don’t know the exact number- maybe 16 guests and 20 pax, but a very low positivity rate. My guess is that ports have been spooked by the CDCs advice not to sail. Pushing back til March might be wise at this point.

I meant 16 guests and 20 crew 

• Like 3

Giving a huge shout out to the voice of calm this cruise.

johaness !Danny Turner who helped keep the guests saw, who gave a brilliant show and rocky this ship on NYE while we were concerned.

But the big shout out goes to Demi and Sashi who fled thru cancel,flights across the pond and Vegas and gave a brilliant show tonight.

• Like 2

This cruise has between cabin rest and real,covid about 50:crew down.

guests complaing why some guests are in cabins on desk 4..no more cabins.

did I miss a lunch out yes. Did I have fun yes. Do I think I will get sick at some point yes. But here to partying now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Dinner in Aqualina last night. Lobster/crab cakes with pineapple papaya salsa, sea bream with seafood risotto. SO good!

3F190F58-E724-4090-A0E8-5D1D1BB77220.jpeg

0A6F2128-F5F9-4DA3-9BE6-DBFCC506534D.jpeg

That looks so good I’m drooling. And it looks like you’ve a good range of activities if you want entertaining 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

That looks so good I’m drooling. And it looks like you’ve a good range of activities if you want entertaining 

It was amazing. I don’t think I have ever had sea bream before. It was so juicy and flavorful! And yes, plenty of activities. There is a Q & A with the captain at 11. That should be interesting!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

It was amazing. I don’t think I have ever had sea bream before. It was so juicy and flavorful! And yes, plenty of activities. There is a Q & A with the captain at 11. That should be interesting!

Sea bream was the 'special' in Aqualina most nights on our most recent Az cruise. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Realaleforme said:

Anything interesting to share from the Q & A with the Captain on the current state of COVID onboard? Updated numbers? Plan for the next cruise? Anything?  Thank you

We learned that the cruise after ours will have only 200 passengers and that the allowable positivity rate for many ports is only between 1 and 1.5%. Less than we have been, but Tortola let us in anyway. Still waiting to hear about Nassau (substitute for Key West). Also learned that the CDC has a double standard re quarantining after testing positive. State side, 5 days, cruise. ships 10. So if someone is on day 6 when we arrive in Miami, they can debark, but if in the middle of a cruise would have to do all 10 days. Crazy.

• Like 2

We got a refund on our onboard account for port fees for ports-not-stopped-at.   It was about $13 per person.   This is a REFRUNDABLE credit.    It CAN be donated to the crew welfare account... took less than 2 minutes at the desk on deck 4.    Not much, but something.    (Dang, we had worked hard to get our account to exactly zero, then these appeared.... what else can you buy for exactly $26.86??)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DS said:

We got a refund on our onboard account for port fees for ports-not-stopped-at.   It was about $13 per person.   This is a REFRUNDABLE credit.    It CAN be donated to the crew welfare account... took less than 2 minutes at the desk on deck 4.    Not much, but something.    (Dang, we had worked hard to get our account to exactly zero, then these appeared.... what else can you buy for exactly $26.86??)

Same refund here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Realaleforme said:

Anything interesting to share from the Q & A with the Captain on the current state of COVID onboard? Updated numbers? Plan for the next cruise? Anything?  Thank you

No new update yet (that I’m aware of) on the exact number of crew still offline (due to positive test or close contact), however, I can say that service has still been excellent. 

For whatever it’s worth, Captain said this current cruise was at 586 pax about a week prior to departure, but final number onboard was 517, nationality breakdown from front desk attached. 

6BA80768-FF2D-4DEC-B77E-B18F8162B7B5.jpeg

• Thanks 3