Any one on rccl anthem of the sea?

8 minutes ago, psumother said:

Our server in CK said there were approx 1600 passengers this sailing.  A side note … as you can see on the copy of the entertainment sheet for this week, there is no Gift show.  Have no further information if it will be offered in the future.  For any pinnacles reading this, there is access to CK for dinner this week, just need a reservation.  Maybe someone attending the top tier event today will have more numbers to report.  

Nice...not too crowded!

Wonder why they never restarted Gift?  

33 minutes ago, psumother said:

Our server in CK said there were approx 1600 passengers this sailing.  A side note … as you can see on the copy of the entertainment sheet for this week, there is no Gift show.  Have no further information if it will be offered in the future.  For any pinnacles reading this, there is access to CK for dinner this week, just need a reservation.  Maybe someone attending the top tier event today will have more numbers to report.  

that is about 32%.  I will be on board next week and just hoping they don't go to 90%

• Haha 1

Thanks VERY much for posting all that info, it may be a small thing but its nice to know the windjammer is open for dinner (even at that capacity...was reading in other places the minimum was 50%) ...just nice to grab a quick bite and go. I am on the 12 day on Dec 12th and look forward to returning to cruising with those that may be going...will just be so nice to be out on a ship again after the dumpster fire of covid for the last year and a half. again many thanks to those that took the time to find and post the most current info, its appreciated !!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your posts and the Compasses. I noticed that both IFly and North Star were operating on Day 1. Can you just make a reservation and go? Were you able to reserve in advance or only once on board.   Are they still free?

I also saw on Day 2 that they had "extended" IFly and North Star with $$ next to them. Assume that the longer trips cost extra. Are they only having the paid, extended rides from 9-5 or on day 2?

Family is keen to try these out on our upcoming cruise and don't want to disappoint.

39 minutes ago, 142w said:

I noticed that…North Star… operating on Day 1. 

I watched the Anthem of the Seas on the NY Harbor webcam and the North Star went up and down quite a few times even while it was dockside there in Bayonne. Having never seen it in operation, it was very cool seeing it go up and down, and up and down…

C9F599CF-4612-4890-B3B6-E1827E00A19E.png

3 hours ago, TAPNKEGS said:

Thanks VERY much for posting all that info, it may be a small thing but its nice to know the windjammer is open for dinner (even at that capacity...was reading in other places the minimum was 50%) ...just nice to grab a quick bite and go. I am on the 12 day on Dec 12th and look forward to returning to cruising with those that may be going...will just be so nice to be out on a ship again after the dumpster fire of covid for the last year and a half. again many thanks to those that took the time to find and post the most current info, its appreciated !!

And that's why the experiences in the UK weren't applicable to sailings in the US.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

@matt1 will like this answer- you can find the menu in the app. 

What is this “app” you speak of? 🤔 Is that like an appetizer? 😉

Just curious, and on a serious note though, are the MDR menus posted in the app? Don’t recall stumbling across those. 

57 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Thanks for taking the time to post this information that is very kind of you to help out future passengers.

enjoy your cruise.

do you have any menus you can post please?

Menus for the Specialty Restaurants, places like the Brass & Bock Pub (Anthem of the Seas), the Solarium Bistro, Johnny Rockets, and Room Service, etc. all have menus in the RCI app.

The MDR menus however appear to be fairly repetitive? Like they are showing the “always available” options? Maybe someone who’s cruised and used the app can verify that those app MDR menus reflect the totality of what’s available (as if your were looking at a paper menu for that same evening)? 

🤔

Edited by matt1

1 minute ago, matt1 said:

Like the are showing the “always available” options? Maybe someone who’s cruised and used the app can verify that those app MDR menus reflect the totality of what’s available (as if your were looking at a paper menu for that same evening)? 

What you see in the app should be what the printed menu should show.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Thanks for posting the Compass.  Our cruise is on 11-28.  Is it true that we can only reserve showtimes through the app onboard?

On my recent Oasis sailing, the app allowed me to view the muster video but I could not reserve entertainment. I used a ship courtesy phone to call the box office (opened noon on boarding day) to reserve shows for the week.