Mariner Grand Suite Benefits

Hi all and thanks in advance for helping.

We booked a grand suite on Mariner for a December 5 night cruise to celebrate our 21st anniversary. Making up for Covid restricted 20th.

Besides the extra reward point each night and in suite dining off mdr menu, are there any other ship benefits at this level (sky suites on newer ships)?

Is there any special dining in place of coastal kitchens?

We are generally balcony level but decided to splurge for this one... Now looking at amenities on other ships, I wonder if we should have booked a jr. suite

Thanks!

Janet

As you can see from that link, the amenities for GS and above are substantial even on Mariner. 

That breakfast in Chops is not to be underrated.  It's a large step above Windjammer.  It's not as quick as running through WJ, of course, but it also doesn't typically take a lot longer.  It's a heck of a lot nicer way to start a day--that's for sure.

The Concierge can be very valuable, as well.  While it depends on the Concierge (most are excellent) and your needs, you'll be very happy to have the Concierge if you need one.  Just a tip if you find you need something: give the Concierge a call when you think of something you need, even if it's just to leave a message.  If you wait until the Concierge Lounge "office hours," you might find yourself waiting behind someone else who needs something.  Chances are that the Concierge can take care of stuff or, at least, facilitate it earlier.

The Concierge Lounge is a nice place to be.  If you already have a drink package, the financial advantage is nothing, but it's still a nice place to grab a small bite before dinner or just to have a quiet spot to hang out.  The biggest downside is that it's something of a hike up to the top of the ship.

The other perks may or may not make a difference over your cruise, but they are nice to have when you want to use them.

• Like 3

Hi

We sailed in a Grand Suite on Mariner late 2019 and really liked it.

I wrote a trip review (linked in my signature) with pictures if you want to look through.

I see the suite perks were listed above as well

Have a great time

Noreen

• Like 1