Maiden name on vaccination proof/married name as cruise guest and on passport. Any issues with online check-in??

According to Royal’s FAQs, “The Proof of Vaccination must include the name of the vaccinated person matching the registered cruise guest with date of birth (DoB)…”  

My names differ because of the Quebec government’s policy of using birth name on health records. Has anyone had an issue when uploading proof with a different name than on the booking— for whatever reason? If so, were you able to rectify it easily? My government issued driver’s license has both names and I intend to use it (along with my birth certificate and marriage certificate) at the port but will I have issues when I am able to check in online next week?

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, Basketball wife said:

Thanks for this! I knew I would need my marriage certificate, just wanted confirmation from someone who actually experienced it.

Basketball Wife, a member of our party has a similar situation, cruise booked with maiden name on passport, but vaccination card has married name. 

What was the result for you? Any problems at check-in? What documents did you end up needing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, SG65CB said:

a member of our party has a similar situation, cruise booked with maiden name on passport, but vaccination card has married name.

I can answer my own question now based on our experience, here it is for others in the same situation: 

After my friend presented her passport to check in for the cruise she showed her vaccination card without saying anything, just handed it over, they took a photo of the card and said we're all set. We're guessing the matching first name and DOB on the card was good enough. Didn't need to show the bridging document. YMMV and bring your marriage license just in case. Bottom line is she had much stress about something she didn't need to worry over. 

I should add that to avoid confusion we did not upload her vaccination card into the RC app prior to check-in. I'll also note that even the people who did upload the card into the app still had to show the physical card to get on the ship, so there doesn't seem much point in uploading it in advance. AND don't neglect to bring your card thinking you are OK just because the RC app says your card has been accepted. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Like 1

My wife normally uses her maiden name except on her passport and for travel.  She has her maiden name on vax card and on test results.  This has never been a problem for her (and us) on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, or Holland.  We upload everything pre-cruise as requested, have at port, never an issue.She does use her maiden name as her middle name on travel docs and passport. 

• Like 1