Koningsdam Thermal Suite - Would you recommend it?

Deep68

On 11/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, Taters said:

I love the thermal suite on Koningsdam.  The first time we were on this ship (2017) we splurged on the thermal suite for our 14 day Baltic cruise.  We used it after busy days in port, sometimes after dinner, sometimes first thing in the morning, and at other times during the day.  We used it every day and it was never crowded.

Some of the extras on Pinnacle class ships are the steam rooms (1 large, 1 small as I recall) and more than one sauna.  My husband loves these.

We are sailing B2B on Koiningsdam beginning November 28th and have purchased the couples pass for both 7 night cruises.  Honestly, it is the thing we are looking forward to the most on these cruises!

I am planning our 25th anniversary Alaska cruise and plan on using the thermal lounge every day.  Any suggestions on veranda cabins?

28 minutes ago, SW289 said:

I am planning our 25th anniversary Alaska cruise and plan on using the thermal lounge every day.  Any suggestions on veranda cabins?

we are big-time thermal suite patrons......

We like the VF cabins forward....on deck 8 (either side)

Why?

only one floor from the spa (stairwell is nearby and you arrive on deck 9 next to the spa)

they are tucked away in the front of the ship at a dead end corridor

you are also near the lido deck

they have a good price point

Enjoy the journey!

On 11/8/2021 at 8:56 PM, Deep68 said:

Thinking of booking the Thermal Suite for an upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise.

Our worry is that it may get too busy to enjoy and we could not secure loungers etc. The cost is $219 per couple for the week.

Does anyone have any experience and would you recommend it?

Thanks 

The thermal loungers are not something you occupy all day, so there is no problem securing them.   There will be times when you don't get one and have to find something else until one opens.

Edited by bdd123
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:39 AM, SW289 said:

We like the cabins that are midship on deck 6.  Our last 2 cabins were in 6099 and 6093.

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 6:15 AM, FlaMariner said:

we are big-time thermal suite patrons......

We like the VF cabins forward....on deck 8 (either side)

Why?

only one floor from the spa (stairwell is nearby and you arrive on deck 9 next to the spa)

they are tucked away in the front of the ship at a dead end corridor

you are also near the lido deck

they have a good price point

Enjoy the journey!

Forward cabins don't sway too much? We book mid or aft cabins.

38 minutes ago, mermamasailsagain said:

This is new to me. If you buy a pass do you have access to the heated therapy pool plus the steam rooms and saunas? I had heard one of the saunas was accessible without extra cost on the Koningsdam. Is that true? TIA

The pass gives you access to the hydropool, the heated loungers, various saunas/steam (I don't use them, so I don't know the details) and other water features, like a wooden bench you lie on that sprays you with water (I couldn't get it to work) and a thing that will dump a bucket of water (cold?) on you. 

There are some pictures of the spa on halfacts.

Koningsdam Lido Deck (Deck 9) | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

2 hours ago, mermamasailsagain said:

This is new to me. If you buy a pass do you have access to the heated therapy pool plus the steam rooms and saunas? I had heard one of the saunas was accessible without extra cost on the Koningsdam. Is that true? TIA

Yes on the Koningsdam there are separate men's and women's saunas just outside the entrance to the thermal spa area. You don't need a pass to use them.

I always buy a pass. Love the hydrotherapy pool and the steam rooms. I don't spend alot of time on the heated loungers. I find them uncomfortable after awhile.  

• 4 weeks later...

Back now from 18 days on the Koningsdam.  I used the Thermal Suite almost every day and only once or twice were all the Thermal Loungers full.  I'd go in the steam room for a few minutes and when I checked again there was one availabe.  A couple times there were only 2 or 3 in use.  I usually went mid afternoon and showered there, then went back to my cabin to dress for dinner.

The first time I tried the Thermal Suite there was a special price offered for the last 7 days of a longer cruise.  This past cruise there were a couple specials offered for single use at a specific time.  I guess the offerings depend on how many full cruise passes are sold.