Koningsdam Thermal Suite - Would you recommend it?

Deep68

Thinking of booking the Thermal Suite for an upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise.

Our worry is that it may get too busy to enjoy and we could not secure loungers etc. The cost is $219 per couple for the week.

Does anyone have any experience and would you recommend it?

Thanks 

The one thing I buy on every HAL cruise is the thermal suite pass.

They are capacity limited, and I have rarely encountered overcrowding, except at peak hours (e.g. 10 am or mid afternoon) on sea days.

The Pinnacle class ship thermal suites are particularly good with additional features and a larger facility.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, visagrunt said:

They are capacity limited, and I have rarely encountered overcrowding, except at peak hours (e.g. 10 am or mid afternoon) on sea days.

The Pinnacle class ship thermal suites are particularly good with additional features and a larger facility.

thanks for this, already prebooked passes, so this makes me feel better 🙂

It's our big splurge and we love it....

worth every $$$ especially with the Pinnacle class ships....

Price was less if bought pre cruise...Take your printed receipt in case there is a question (there was for us on the Rotterdam last week but easily handled with the printed receipt in hand).

Clueless about day passes...we always get the cruise pass.....and use it every single day...it's open 8am to 10pm and rarely a crowd in there.....

Enjoy the K'dam.

• Like 1

When I used the thermal suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam, there were several times that it was full.  There are signs limiting time in the loungers, but as usual some people feel entitled and just stay put even if others are waiting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, visagrunt said:

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

It's our big splurge and we love it....

worth every $$$ especially with the Pinnacle class ships....

Price was less if bought pre cruise...Take your printed receipt in case there is a question (there was for us on the Rotterdam last week but easily handled with the printed receipt in hand).

Clueless about day passes...we always get the cruise pass.....and use it every single day...it's open 8am to 10pm and rarely a crowd in there.....

Enjoy the K'dam.

Could either of you expand on the extra/especially on the Pinnacle class ships ?  I am intrigued.

We booked thermal suite on K'dam for our Oct 10 sailing.  It was great -- never crowded.  Whatever those tiled warming.relaxation beds are called -- they were always available.  

The only thing different on Pinnacle class that I noticed was that the space is just bigger -- and a couple cute extra shower features.  (Notably a bucket of water to throw on yourself.)  Given our many sea days, it was nice having thermal suite.

• Like 1

I love the thermal suite on Koningsdam.  The first time we were on this ship (2017) we splurged on the thermal suite for our 14 day Baltic cruise.  We used it after busy days in port, sometimes after dinner, sometimes first thing in the morning, and at other times during the day.  We used it every day and it was never crowded.

Some of the extras on Pinnacle class ships are the steam rooms (1 large, 1 small as I recall) and more than one sauna.  My husband loves these.

We are sailing B2B on Koiningsdam beginning November 28th and have purchased the couples pass for both 7 night cruises.  Honestly, it is the thing we are looking forward to the most on these cruises!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waASPCrusier said:

Could either of you expand on the extra/especially on the Pinnacle class ships ?  I am intrigued.

There are more thermal beds (11 rather than 6).  The Thalasso pool is larger, with space for two or three times as many people as the Vista/Signature version.  There is a horizontal shower, a cold bucket shower in addition to steam and sauna facilities.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, visagrunt said:

There are more thermal beds (11 rather than 6).  The Thalasso pool is larger, with space for two or three times as many people as the Vista/Signature version.  There is a horizontal shower, a cold bucket shower in addition to steam and sauna facilities.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Unlvswezel said:

How do they know you are a guest? On Celebrity its on your room key, HAL the same?

They put a sticker on your key card.

1 hour ago, travelholics said:

If you are on a longer cruise, eg 35 days, can you book a pass for one week of the cruise, or does it have to be for the entire length? Is there somewhere online that you book the pass, or do you have to ring HAL before departure?

I think the only two options or full cruise, or single day.  

You can book the full cruise pass (but not single days) on the "manage my cruise" module on the website or on the app.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:46 AM, waASPCrusier said:

Pinnacle has the two ice buckets (just do it when you see it), the bigger sauna, more heated lounges, the lay flat shower and it's all in one area.....If I recall on older ships, you have to go from the heated lounge area out one door and in another for the pool...

It's great on the older ships and we would buy it then also.....But just so much better on the new pinnacles.

Do it...and come back and tell us you did the ice bucket!

29 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Pinnacle has the two ice buckets (just do it when you see it), the bigger sauna, more heated lounges, the lay flat shower and it's all in one area.....If I recall on older ships, you have to go from the heated lounge area out one door and in another for the pool...

It's great on the older ships and we would buy it then also.....But just so much better on the new pinnacles.

Do it...and come back and tell us you did the ice bucket!

Thanks FlaMariner, with a steam shower and sauna in our house, if we get the pass I will definitely do the ice bucket 😁

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Does anyone know if 5 Stars get one free day in the Thermal Spa?  I would like to check it out - have been in the others (Vista class).

Several times I got a disconnect between the Spa Desk and the Five Star day pass expectation.

Once told it was available only on port days, another claimed it was only good for an hour. Both Spa desk people were wrong, and it had to be hassled out with Guest Relations or Front Desk, taking some of the fun away.

So now I always travel with a printout of the Five Star perks and confirm it with the front desk before I arrange my day with the Spa Desk, just to make sure it goes smoothly. Hope this has finally been cleared up so it goes well for you.  But still might want to check to make sure, if you get a different answer at the Spa Desk. 

7 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Several times I got a disconnect between the Spa Desk and the Five Star day pass expectation.

Once told it was available only on port days, another claimed it was only good for an hour. Both Spa desk people were wrong, and it had to be hassled out with Guest Relations or Front Desk, taking some of the fun away.

So now I always travel with a printout of the Five Star perks and confirm it with the front desk before I arrange my day with the Spa Desk, just to make sure it goes smoothly. Hope this has finally been cleared up so it goes well for you.  But still might want to check to make sure, if you get a different answer at the Spa Desk. 

image.thumb.png.04bb0064ae29a9a6d35d77d8bf2fe10b.png
Taking this with me - thanks!

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...