Best place in southern nj to get a COVID test two days prior to cruise

goldengirl

13 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Hello all

can anyone please share with me where was the best place to go to get a COVID test  prior to the cruise? Not many places seem to have quick tests. Thanks

i live in south jersey and scheduled my test at cvs 14 days prior.  I also ordered the abbott.  I also scheduled at the Galveston port.  Try any minute clinic (hundreds of them) 

Edited to show that there are places.

Screenshot_20211108-233025_Chrome.jpg

Edited by jean87510

We live in Winslow Township.  We had to have a PCR test with a quick turn-around for our October cruise (NCL) and will need additional testing for our RCL cruise in December.  We went to Cooper Hospital's testing site in Camden in October (about an 8 hour turn-around), and I went to their Cherry Hill testing site this past Sunday morning.  My results were back that evening.   You need to create a My Cooper Chart  online to book the appointment and to receive the results.  They email you when the results are available.  

In October, Quest was doing tests for travel, but they just recently stopped doing them (only for symptoms or exposures).  I've had tests at the Rite Aid in Berlin, but the turn-around time is 6 days.  

Jefferson in Washington Township also does PCR tests (if you have a Jefferson doc, ask them for a script for the test).  About a 36 hour turn-around.  Cooper and Quest didn't require a script.

Some CVS & Walgreens stores will do the antigen, but we haven't used them yet.

All of the above were "free"  (they either charged your insurance or the state- under the Cares Act)

There is a site along Rt 73 in Voorhees (next to the diner and the Library restaurant) called Test Here  (the website is www.testhere.com ).  Choose the Voorhees location.  They do several different tests at different price ranges;  supposedly they will charge your insurance first.  

Good luck!

The CVS in Runnemede is the most constantly open CVS for Covid testing in South Jersey. We've done two tests here already and never had problems with appointments being cancelled. At the Cherry Hill location we've had two appointments canceled. The technician said the equipment at Runnemede is always working properly, which can't be said for the Cherry Hill location, is what she relayed. 

When:

Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 11:15 AM

Where:  

RUNNEMEDE - NORTH BLACK HORSE PIKE Covid - 19 Testing Site Lane 2, 824 N BLACK HORSE PIKE, RUNNEMEDE, NJ 08078

map_pin.png Get directions

Test type:

Rapid-result test (antigen)

Edited by kwokpot

We're in Burlington, CVS online able to book antigen test two weeks out.  Used CVS in Mount Holly for our cruise in September and have appointments tomorrow for our cruise this Friday on Freedom.  Results in about 30 minutes via text, email and also received a call from the Pharmacist later that afternoon to make sure we received the text/email.

Edited by Darkingnj
  • Like 1