Resort for a Day passes: can they be used on NCL sailings?

SireDoime

I will be on Bliss in January 21, 2022. My agent gave me a Resort for a Day pass, and I wanna use it at RIU Palace Pacifico in Puerto Vallarta on the 24th.

Will NCL allow me to use this pass at this resort, or will I be restricted to NCL sponsered excursions?

Also, does NCL offer resort day passes?

When I do a search on the NCL site, it keeps giving me links to this defunct NCL microsite that results in "Microsites are blocked" from all of my browsers, even phones.

We've used the day passes on cruises.  Generally you have to find your own transportation to the resort.

That being said, right now things are still fluid and each port may have specific protocols as far as Covid restrictions.  There are some ports where you may only be able to take NCL excursions.  You will need to find out the exact protocols for each of your stops.

NCL does not really sell day passes.  Some of the excursions may go to a resort or a beach.  There should be excursions listed on the NCL page either in your cruise planner specific to your cruise or a generic sampling if you look at ports of call.

Enjoy and good luck!

• Thanks 1

Your best bet would be to check out the website directly   https://www.resortforaday.com/   they have the cruise itineraries already loaded. If it is available, which it looks like RIU Palace is, then you should be fine. Will still possibly have to find your own transportation though as it sounds like it might not be an excursion "booked through the cruise line". 

Have used Resort for a Day a few times on my journeys, and the actual experience is almost always worth the ticket price. Fully recommend. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SireDoime said:

I will be on Bliss in January 21, 2022. My agent gave me a Resort for a Day pass, and I wanna use it at RIU Palace Pacifico in Puerto Vallarta on the 24th.

Will NCL allow me to use this pass at this resort, or will I be restricted to NCL sponsered excursions?

Also, does NCL offer resort day passes?

When I do a search on the NCL site, it keeps giving me links to this defunct NCL microsite that results in "Microsites are blocked" from all of my browsers, even phones.

At this time there are no restrictions for NCL passengers at the usual Mexican Riviera ports. As long as you wear a mask where required and get back to the ship on time, it’s all good. 

NCL does offer beach/resort days at various ports. See your Explore & Plan for what’s available. 

4 hours ago, anmyers72 said:

Your best bet would be to check out the website directly   https://www.resortforaday.com/   they have the cruise itineraries already loaded. If it is available, which it looks like RIU Palace is, then you should be fine. Will still possibly have to find your own transportation though as it sounds like it might not be an excursion "booked through the cruise line". 

Have used Resort for a Day a few times on my journeys, and the actual experience is almost always worth the ticket price. Fully recommend. 

This is the site my agent gave me, and this is where i found my resort.

😄

4 hours ago, coastcat said:

At this time there are no restrictions for NCL passengers at the usual Mexican Riviera ports. As long as you wear a mask where required and get back to the ship on time, it’s all good. 

NCL does offer beach/resort days at various ports. See your Explore & Plan for what’s available. 

I looked and NCL doesn't offer the RIU Palace as an excursion. But, it looks like I'll be fine, since the resort closes way before the ship leaves port.

I assume they will perform COVID tests prior to re-boarding.

Thanks

1 hour ago, SireDoime said:

I assume they will perform COVID tests prior to re-boarding.

No...you're tested prior to embarkation at the start of the cruise, not in ports of call, unless there's some specific local requirement in the ports of call for additional testing.

• Thanks 1