Sailing with a Runny nose?

SenAnthony

My wife and I will be meeting some of her old college friends on our upcoming MSC trip which has led to a great deal of excitement.

Until today that is.   Apparently they have developed cold symptoms and are considering cancelling the cruise.   She wants them to just mark off on the health questionnaire their symptoms and show the negative covid test.    Sounds legitimate  to me as well, or should they just save their money and rebook?  

Is a stuffy nose  really that big of a deal in the covid era?

Edited by SenAnthony

I have a runny nose continuously.  It's allergies that have never been identified.  I take allergy medicines and my nose continues to run.  So what.  I am sure that I am not alone.  Your friends ought not to be very concerned, I don't think.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SenAnthony said:

...Is a stuffy nose  really that big of a deal in the covid era?

Not of itself, but usually a cold develops over a week or so and presents all the differing stages.....runny nose, sore throat, sneeze, cough, frequent nose blowing, lots of phlegm, runny eyes etc.....social distancing shouldn't be an issue as most will give a wide berth! 😉 

As an update, the cruise went well for our friends...all though they could clear a crowded atrium in no time flat if a coughing fit started.  (The stuffy nose evolved and was draining.. you know how it goes)    From what they said, when the crew did approach them about their condition it was merely to bring them tissues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1