Protocols extended through March 31, 2022 and Camp Ocean modified reopening in December.

LaRue1975

Not surprised as I fully expected my cruise in March to be under the covid protocols. It is basically a lock that these protocols will be around all of 2022 and likely beyond that. It might be hard to hear for folks that keep pushing cruising out father into the future in hopes of avoiding these regulations, but you will have to either accept these rules or you aren't going to be cruising for a long time.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Not surprised as I fully expected my cruise in March to be under the covid protocols. It is basically a lock that these protocols will be around all of 2022 and likely beyond that. It might be hard to hear for folks that keep pushing cruising out father into the future in hopes of avoiding these regulations, but you will have to either accept these rules or you aren't going to be cruising for a long time.

I agree. The vax rates are rising slowly for many reasons, which means more potential travelers who will not be impacted by at least this one piece of the protocol.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Yes, I expected it too but happy to know now. I have been going back and forth as to whether we will go but leaning towards taking the cruise in March. We are going on the Panorama Sailibration cruise, booked in February 2020. The thing that bothers me is the mask requirements, I swore I would not return to cruising until they are gone but like you say, who knows when that will be?

The hubby and I are vaccinated so that is a non issue and we live an hour from Long Beach so testing should be easy since we are not traveling to the port. Plus I booked our first cove balcony and the Sailibration festivities will be unique so it looks like we will will finally be cruising again soon. Our last cruise was in 2008, we were supposed to cruising again April 2020 and we all know how that turned out. I am looking forward to it, going to start shopping for cute cruise themed masks, lol! 

• Like 1

Great news! Especially Camp Ocean!! Seeing some pretty amazing deals in the next 2 months. There is a cruise on the Panorama, 6 day we can get 2 rooms (balcony and interior) for around $1300 (4 people) all in the week before Christmas. That's insane! Best part is we just got our 6 yr old her first shot yesterday and her 2nd shot is the 1st of December. She would be considered FULLY VAXXED (15 days after 2nd shot) on December 16, 2 days before the cruise! This would be amazing and she could use Camp Ocean (we just got back from Oasis of the Seas and they allowed reduced kids club and that is a MUST now for us). 

Edited by JMKreno
  • Like 1

Thanks.   I wonder why I didn't get this?  I'm sailing on 12/26 and one of my daughters is 11.  She will be fully vaccinated (shot 1 was 11/3, shot 2 will be 11/24), so I've already filled out the vaccine survey showing that she will be fully vaccinated....but I would think they would still email me about Camp Ocean?

Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:57 AM, JMKreno said:

Great news! Especially Camp Ocean!! Seeing some pretty amazing deals in the next 2 months. There is a cruise on the Panorama, 6 day we can get 2 rooms (balcony and interior) for around $1300 (4 people) all in the week before Christmas. That's insane! Best part is we just got our 6 yr old her first shot yesterday and her 2nd shot is the 1st of December. She would be considered FULLY VAXXED (15 days after 2nd shot) on December 16, 2 days before the cruise! This would be amazing and she could use Camp Ocean (we just got back from Oasis of the Seas and they allowed reduced kids club and that is a MUST now for us). 

The timing worked out perfectly for you, how exciting, book it! It seems the cruise lines are slowly but surely returning to normal, looking forward to our cruise on the Panorama in March. Have a great time and happy sailing! 

16 hours ago, Domergirl said:

Thanks.   I wonder why I didn't get this?  I'm sailing on 12/26 and one of my daughters is 11.  She will be fully vaccinated (shot 1 was 11/3, shot 2 will be 11/24), so I've already filled out the vaccine survey showing that she will be fully vaccinated....but I would think they would still email me about Camp Ocean?

Thanks for posting!

Maybe they are working on the protocols for Camp Ocean, you’ll probably get a detailed e-mail with all the info soon. Have a great time, so happy to see Camp Ocean opening. We are taking our grandson on the Radiance in October, hopefully we even won’t need masks by then. 

December 10th! They didn't miss a beat! Someone is paying attention. Good on Carnival. Some families may be able to salvage a holiday cruise this year. The kids clubs on cooler cruises (less pool/water time) are important for their vacation enjoyment also. This is great news for families who were stuck in cruise purgatory with younger youngins. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, LaRue1975 said:

Yes, I expected it too but happy to know now. I have been going back and forth as to whether we will go but leaning towards taking the cruise in March. We are going on the Panorama Sailibration cruise, booked in February 2020. The thing that bothers me is the mask requirements, I swore I would not return to cruising until they are gone but like you say, who knows when that will be?

The hubby and I are vaccinated so that is a non issue and we live an hour from Long Beach so testing should be easy since we are not traveling to the port. Plus I booked our first cove balcony and the Sailibration festivities will be unique so it looks like we will will finally be cruising again soon. Our last cruise was in 2008, we were supposed to cruising again April 2020 and we all know how that turned out. I am looking forward to it, going to start shopping for cute cruise themed masks, lol! 

Am on that cruise as well!!

On 11/12/2021 at 8:22 PM, LaRue1975 said:

The timing worked out perfectly for you, how exciting, book it! It seems the cruise lines are slowly but surely returning to normal, looking forward to our cruise on the Panorama in March. Have a great time and happy sailing! 

We ended up booking the Miracle 6 day over New Year's Eve! Total was 1161 for 2 connecting cabins for 4 people! An extended balcony and inside on the front of deck 6! Almost like a suite in the youtube videos! That worked better for us! 2nd cruise in 3 months...crazy!!

Edited by JMKreno

13 hours ago, JMKreno said:

We ended up booking the Miracle 6 day over New Year's Eve! Total was 1161 for 2 connecting cabins for 4 people! An extended balcony and inside on the front of deck 6! Almost like a suite in the youtube videos! That worked better for us! 2nd cruise in 3 months...crazy!!

Wow, what a deal and New Years Eve to boot! The Miracle was the last ship we sailed on, Alaska Northbound in 2008, great ship! I can’t wait to get back on the high seas again, it’s been way too long. Have a great time and Happy New Year! 

On 11/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, embarkation75 said:

Edited by RenoNanaOz