Brillance of the Seas Transatlantic - November 7

Zurichguy

HI Russ: You don't know how sorry I am about not being able to meet you guys. I really do wish that I was there. But I am so glad to have a job that it eases the pain of not being able to make it with you guys.

I'll be checking in from time to time in here. But come Nov. 1st, I'll be saying goodbye to all of you as I want to make sure that you all get my farewell mesage before you all leave.

Good Night, Juan

Russ, I didn't think D was being a spoiled sport at all, just wanted to ease his mind. I use to have a hard time meeting new people at all,but all has changed for me in the last couple of years. Now you can't get me to shut up:p! LOL! That's what happens when you live under a rock for 20 years or more.

Starting my packing today after I get off this PC. It seems to consume a lot of time once you get on any computer. Got our tickets last week and ready to go. JFK to Barcelona for 280.00 bucks a piece. Apartment is booked and paid for and it is now time to get packed and ready to go. Look forward to meeting all of you onboard Brilliance!

Juan, Glad you are doing well with your job and will be thinking of you while we are travelling abroad.

See Ya'll Soon! Tony

Understand Tony is the roster keeper. My partner Herb does the same for his singing group from West Hollywood--The West Coast Singers.
One of the oldest G & L choral groups in the country.
We look forward to the trip and cruise. Leaving for London on the 31st and arrive in Barcelona on the 5th.
We are currently in the first dinner seating but hope to get that changed to the late seating on sailing day.

We are booked in room 9000. If our signals are crossed, please contact us there.
Looking forward to the cruise.

Barry

Hi guys, getting packed and geared up for departure on the 3rd. We will arrive in Barcelona around 3 on Saturday afternoon. I am thoroughly excited and deserve this break. I go all year at full speed and need quality time for me and my wonderful hubby. We only take one trip a year, but usually do it up right when we go. Last year it was 18 days and this year 17. Gregg gets quite a bit of vacation time and accumulates enough to be able to take this kind of time off. I don't work anymore, so I have all the time in the world I may need. I do work here trying to keep things in order and do lots of things for others though. Very rewarding to me.

HerbN, thanks for responding! I will add your info and we are looking forward to meeting you guys!

Gay Roll Call for Brilliance of the Seas 11/7/06 Transatlantic crossing!

Andros/Basill Tony & Gregg Stateroom 3570
Leoandhugh Leo & Hugh Stateroom 1028
Zurichguy Brian & Justin Stateroom 8054
Denvcruiser Greg & Patrick Stateroom 8570
Russg140 Russell & Duncan Stateroom 1092
HerbN Herb & Barry Stateroom 9000
Rienreiter Juan Stateroom United States\ Will not be with us physically, but in spirit! We will miss you Juan;)!

Ok, I believe we have set up for us to meet at the Colony Club or an alternate at the Champagne Bar if there is something going on at the CC. It will be at 4:00 p.m. on our first full sea day, which is the day after our first port of Nice, France.

Juan, yes the airfare was a good price, but it on Air Plus Comet and Spanair. Don't know anything about either airline:confused:, but don't care as long as we arrive in Barcelona safely and on time. Then it will be smooth sailing from that point:).

See everyone later. Tony

Hey guys,

Just checking-in to say hello. Yes, the cruise will be here before we know it. Justin and I are booked on different airlines but will arrive in Barcelona on Monday the 6th in the morning. I found us a cute & modern hotel right off the Ramblas so that we can take in the local flavor of Barcelona.

(Hotels.com is giving $30 off new bookings for 2 or more nights if you book before October 31 -- in case anyone still needs a hotel room).

Meeting during the first sea day sounds like a great plan to me as well. (Isn't that our first formal night too?)

Things with the opera are going well for us. Our final show is on Saturday and then I can concentrate on ironing & packing for this adventure.

Also, I talked to a travel agent friend and he told me that it is Royal Caribbean's policy to always refund the price difference to customers who call to rebook when the price drops. You guys might all want to discuss the rates with your travel agents and see if you can get some $$ back (call Royal Carribbean if you have any additional problems).

In just 2 weeks we'll be boarding!

Don't know when our formal night will be, but either way we will be ready for them.

Also, I called Royal Caribbean when they started reducing rates because we got a huge refund last year. It was do to our friend in VA. that booked the trip and the fact that the reductions were a residency promotion that we got the savings. It only pertains to those that are residents of whatever states they choose to pick. So, after a few calls and checking into the decrease in price it was a no go for us this year. I noticed that they now have insides at 899....oceanviews at 749.......balconies at 849..... and suites went from 2099.. to 2599.... I have no idea what these people are thinking or doing this for. Not my company though, so I am happy with whatever they decide. However, these rates are for certain residents only, all the others will stay the same.

We paid 403 each last year(3 of us) and 1129 this year(2), so if you add them together and divide them it works out to about 750.00 each for 2 transatlantic voyages(one 11 days and one 13 days) which is still very good for a large oceanview stateroom. We are happy just to get away for a couple weeks and travel the seven seas with great people and great times together:).

See Ya Later, Tony

Hi Everyone

I don't think that the first night is usually a formal night on any cruise. The formal nights are generally after full days at sea. Looking forward to meeting you all.

I was also aware that RCL will make up the differnece if they lower the price on a catagory of stateroom. Herb and I are in an E1 balcony and the price we paid, I think $1249 pp (Senior rate) due to my advanced years, is still lower than the last rates I've seen at $1499 or something close to that. Yes, they did lower the BalconyX rate to $849 or close, a great deal if you don't mind which stateroom they assign you to.

take care and see you soon.

Barry

Hi Tony:

I don't know anything about Air Comet Plus. But Spanair has been around for many years in Spain so you should be OK with them. If I am not mistaken, they have been around for more than 20 years.

What website did you find your deals at if I may ask?

Regards, Juan

We used Kayak.com to get the price looked up. It then took us to cheapseats.com which is where we booked. Never used this search engine or booked with this particular company before either, but we already recieved a phone call from Air Plus Comet a day or so after our booking to confirm our flight time and whatnot with us. So I feel better now since we got that call from them. I was also able to ask them what their luggage restrictions were and it is 2 checked at 50 #'s and 1 carry-on at 13 #"s each, so all is cool.

Glad to know things are going well for you at work and that you are thrilled to be back at it;). See Ya, Tony

We didn't really dine out while we were there last year. Just little local places at Placa Reial where our apartment was and we also were able to cook for ourselves in the apartment after getting some groceries. There is a thread in the Europe forum started by BCN Lady I believe and she is a native from Barcelona. Look there and see if you can't find out something from there. I think the header is "Barcelona FAQ". Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this, but since we really missed doing much in our 2 days there last year, that is all I can think of to help. Also, links on my homepage for Barcelona may also be helpful in finding what you are looking for. I would definately go with the traditional tapas! See Ya, Tony

Hey Russ:

There is a nice restaurant right off of the Placa Reial called "Crema Canela." We were there in Sept. 2004 and loved it. It doesn't open until 8 PM (normal Spanish opening time) but the food is great and the prices are reasonable.

Regards, Juan

Hi guys,

I can't believe that our cruise is almost here! Patrick and I leave for Barcelona on Saturday. Can't wait.

We upgraded our stateroom to 1554. I have never had a suite before, but the price was hard to beat. We will invite all of you over one of our sea days.

By the way, Patrick is single, in case there are any other single guys sailing with us. :)

See you soon, Greg

I know, we leave on Friday for a Saturday arrival in Barcelona! I am very excited to be visiting Barcelona again. It is a great city!

Going to update the roster for your stateroom change. Look forward to meeting you guys on Brilliance.

Gay Roll Call for Brilliance of the Seas 11/7/06 Transatlantic crossing!

Andros/Basill...... Tony & Gregg...... Stateroom 3570

Leoandhugh....... Leo & Hugh .........Stateroom 1028

Zurichguy.......... Brian & Justin ......Stateroom 8054

Denvcruiser....... Greg & Patrick ......Stateroom 1554

Russg140.......... Russell & Duncan ..Stateroom 1092

HerbN................Herb & Barry ........Stateroom 9000

Rienreiter....... Juan...... Stateroom United States\ Will not be with us physically, but in spirit! We will miss you Juan;)!

See all of you soon;)! Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick hello and thank you for all of your post and keeping this thread going over the months. Gregg and I really enjoyed meeting all of you during the cruise and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Hope everyone had as good a time as we did during this crossing. Wish we had seen some of you more often, but truly enjoyed all of you meeting us on our second attempt in the Schooner half-way through the cruise. Hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving and Wish all of you a very Joyous Holiday Season with family and friends. Best Wishes, Tony and Gregg

Archived