Costa World Cruise 2024

BVILady

Interesting I first was directed to a European booking site which got me several shore excursions. drinks & I think wifi for $31K/2 (I checked the Euro conversion).

Then It directs me to a US booking site (they were both official Costa sites) & it was $35K/2 with no other perks.

It's pricing similar to the Edge when factoring in extras.

Please remember that the price I have is for single-occupancy. You might need to call Costa during the week, but I have booked through the US-website and have the extra's, the drink-package and the 15 included excursions. Not sure now but might have only shown up with the confirmation. I had been aware of the extra's because I had already had reservations for the World Cruise 2022.Just in my humble opinion included excursions and included excursions seem to differ very much. When I checked one World Cruise included excursion I had been shocked. I had assumed that it will be a wide variety of excursions to suite peoples various interest and only special one's like Helicopter trips.... will be charged extra only to see that just to be tendered on shore is called an included excursion. Which line is the Edge?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KKB said:

Then It directs me to a US booking site (they were both official Costa sites) & it was $35K/2 with no other perks.

I can‘t access the booking process of the US site, but generally you start booking, chose a cabin type and you will see the available tariffs, what is included and surcharges for them. Basic usually has no drinking packages. Classic sometimes includes drinks during lunch and dinner (named Pranzo & Cena), Premium always has the lunch and dinner package, but can include the smallest all inclusive package Brindiamo. The world cruises are different. I never saw a Basic tariff on world cruises and the other two usually come with the lunch and dinner package, except they add more value during sales. In general terms the prices for the packages per person and day are 20 € for Pranzo & Cena (lunch and dinner), 30 € for Brindiamo (most coffees, all non-alcoholic, standard alcoholic drinks pure or as long drink but no cocktails), 35 € for Più Gusto (adds cocktails) and 45 € for Intenditore, some ships and routes have slightly different prices, for cruises starting in Europe always payable in Euro. If you have a package included you can upgrade for just paying the difference. Everybody in a booking has to buy the same packages.

In the world cruise 15 excursions are always included, this is also stated on the US website of Costa (just go to https://www.costacruises.com/destinations/round-the-world.html). These are 15 fix offered excursions you can take or leave. As Uschi wrote included is for example the usually expensive trip to Petra. In Mumbai it was just a half day excursion to be introduced to the city. I did an excursion included in Malaysia already on another cruise and it was definitely worth paying for it. The free tour to Athens wasn’t mine, I was too often to Athens that I wanted to do another tour, but this is about my very personal experience living just one and a half hour flight from Greece and been there regularly. You will see excursions on mycosta.com after they are released. For 2024 it should be way too early, the first excursions for 2022 were published in August and September. For closer departures a courtesy hold is enough to log in with name and booking reference.

• Like 1