Itinerary change

PJ's

Only been to La Palma once and believe it or not it was closed. Had some sort of rally by Union workers and anyone that hadn't shut their shop was likely to get a brick through their window. Suffice to say when we came into contact with what I can only describe as a mob walking towards us we retreated back to the ship. Other than that a nice place.

.,Just received email regarding changes to upcoming Christmas Market cruise on Iona. Should have been Hamburg,Rotterdam,Bruges. Now it's Bruges,Rotterdam and  Le Havre. Hamburg has been dropped  after discussion with local authorities. Rotterdam should have been 15&16 Dec, now brought forward to 13&14 Dec because of a greater number of ships than anticipated calling into port on 15&16th.                          Disappointing about Hamburg but not surprising I suppose given the rising cases in Germany. I'm half expecting Rotterdam to be dropped also.

1 hour ago, Pencil62 said:

.,Just received email regarding changes to upcoming Christmas Market cruise on Iona. Should have been Hamburg,Rotterdam,Bruges. Now it's Bruges,Rotterdam and  Le Havre. Hamburg has been dropped  after discussion with local authorities. Rotterdam should have been 15&16 Dec, now brought forward to 13&14 Dec because of a greater number of ships than anticipated calling into port on 15&16th.                          Disappointing about Hamburg but not surprising I suppose given the rising cases in Germany. I'm half expecting Rotterdam to be dropped also.

Iona is not as yet showing as booked into Rotterdam (looking at the port authority diary) for the 14th and 15th. That said she was not booked in for the 2 previous dates, only for the one day on the 15th. That has been the situation for many months now.https://www.cruiseportrotterdam.nl/cruise-calls/

AIDAfine is booked in for the 16th otherwise the port looks fairly quiet around that time.

Shame about Hamburg which is amazing at Christmas but they just announced last week that most of the markets won’t be open this year anyway. 

Le Harve might also be an issue once docked for older passengers as France will require a booster as well as double jab for over 65s for some indoor spaces.

Travel is all on shifting sands at the moment.

P&O always make these Christmas markets cruises really special onboard so I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy it anyway regardless of the eventual ports of call.

We had excursions booked for all the original dates. None of these are now  showing on  my *****. I don't know if they will swap them to the new  dates or if we will have to go through the whole rigmarole from scratch. Don't even know what trips they do from Le Havre.

2 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

We had excursions booked for all the original dates. None of these are now  showing on  my *****. I don't know if they will swap them to the new  dates or if we will have to go through the whole rigmarole from scratch. Don't even know what trips they do from Le Havre.

Should have read my Cruise personaliser 

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

le Havre is not the most attractive of places.

Yes it is not the best example of France but there are a few nice shops and cafes. There is also the advantage of it being an easy walk off (if you want to avoid shuttle buses).

Honfleur 30 minutes away is pretty and ships usually offer a day trip to Paris though it is a very long day.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I just posted on another thread, having read on the Beeb that Munich has cancelled its Christmas market with many others expected to follow, due to rising cases in Germany, Belgium and Holland.

We used to live just outside Munich, it’s a lovely Christmas Market.
So sad that things are getting cancelled again. Whoever would have predicted all this two years ago

Michelle