Handicap Assistance Still Available for Embarkation??

BabySarge

Could anyone who has recently cruised out of Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale please advise if Princess was still providing wheelchair(s) and attendants to assist those passengers that have some difficulty walking and require assistance with boarding? 

11 hours ago, marden1970 said:

I would love to know the same for San Francisco.  Thanks

Also from San Francisco.  Do they provide wheelchairs just to get you aboard, and ashore?  We'll use a Rollator onboard and hoping not to have to store a wheelchair in the cabin just to get on and off.

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Also from San Francisco.  Do they provide wheelchairs just to get you aboard, and ashore?  We'll use a Rollator onboard and hoping not to have to store a wheelchair in the cabin just to get on and off.

Yes in San Francisco they have plenty of wheel chairs available. Make sure you indicate that in the Medallion app. Not sure about going ashore. I would ask Princess. 

Tom😀

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, marden1970 said:

I would love to know the same for San Francisco.  Thanks

Yes in San Francisco they have plenty of wheel chairs available. Make sure you indicate that in the Medallion app. Not sure about going ashore. I would ask Princess. 

Tom😀

9 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Wheelchairs to just get you aboard. Not for around the ship or ashore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Where do you indicate it on the app?  Thanks

Good question. I looked at the app & I’m not sure. I would contact Princess to see what they say or if your using a T/A have them contact them. 

Funny thing on my last cruise I was getting out of the Taxi & I was asked if I needed a wheel chair. In San Francisco plenty of people around with wheel chairs so I don’t think it’s necessary to arrange in advance. As someone posted I never saw anyone going around the ship on my cruise in a wheel chair as they were using those battery operated chairs. 

Tom😀

Your TA or Princess can add this notation to your booking for you. This helps inform Princess how many passengers will be needing assistance. However, if you haven’t added the notation they will still assist you upon request at embarkation and when you disembark. 

Princess does not provide wheelchairs for use onboard or in ports.  If you need one on board or in ports we have rented from Special Needs at Sea and been happy with their service. 

17 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Your TA or Princess can add this notation to your booking for you. This helps inform Princess how many passengers will be needing assistance. However, if you haven’t added the notation they will still assist you upon request at embarkation and when you disembark. 

Princess does not provide wheelchairs for use onboard or in ports.  If you need one on board or in ports we have rented from Special Needs at Sea and been happy with their service. 

Thank you.  So far, So good.  This is great. We will have a rental waiting onboard.  Next, what about interim port calls.  Will Princess provide a wheelchair and assistance to the pier and back aboard?  Distance is the biggest factor.  

18 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Thank you.  So far, So good.  This is great. We will have a rental waiting onboard.  Next, what about interim port calls.  Will Princess provide a wheelchair and assistance to the pier and back aboard?  Distance is the biggest factor.  

You will need to use the rental you have at port calls.

Princess will assist in getting off the ship and back on again. Once off the ship, Princess will not have any additional help.

• Thanks 1