Lost Suitcase In NOLA

simplynewt

1 hour ago, icft said:

When you are on deck 10 and have to go down stairs to deck 3, since the elevators are being used by the crew for luggage, it isn't that easy to do. If it were just me it would not be a problem. But my wife packs like she will never return home and will only have what she takes for the rest of her life.

I get the inconvenience of waiting for the elevator. For me tho, the inconvenience of losing my luggage would make my blood boil. Esp since I never buy the cruise insurance, lol.

11 hours ago, icft said:

When you are on deck 10 and have to go down stairs to deck 3, since the elevators are being used by the crew for luggage, it isn't that easy to do. If it were just me it would not be a problem. But my wife packs like she will never return home and will only have what she takes for the rest of her life.

Why would the crew be using the elevators for luggage during debark?  All of the outgoing luggage would have been collected overnight, and would already be sitting in the "marshalling area" on Deck 0 waiting to be be transferred to the pier and the longshoremen/porters.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Why would the crew be using the elevators for luggage during debark?  All of the outgoing luggage would have been collected overnight, and would already be sitting in the "marshalling area" on Deck 0 waiting to be be transferred to the pier and the longshoremen/porters.   

I can't say why (whether it is for luggage or laundry or what), but IIRC the aft (and/or middle?) elevators are often shut down to pax on debark morning, and they ask you to use the front ones for debarking.

I've always let Carnival carry off my luggage, I'm generally not in a hurry and I like the convenience, but I do wonder whether self-carry "Express Debark" is something to try one cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I've always let Carnival carry off my luggage, I'm generally not in a hurry and I like the convenience, but I do wonder whether self-carry "Express Debark" is something to try one cruise.

Self carry is all we use now for debarkation - been doing this for several years now.  We also pack light.  That's really the key IMHO.  I always chuckle when I see some of the piles of luggage placed in the hallways on the night prior to debarkation.  A 7 day cruise and a mountain of suitcases outside of cabins that I know only have 2 people in them.  But to each their own!  🤪

• Like 2

On 12/8/2021 at 8:03 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I can't say why (whether it is for luggage or laundry or what), but IIRC the aft (and/or middle?) elevators are often shut down to pax on debark morning, and they ask you to use the front ones for debarking.

We almost always self disembark, even if we need to hang around for as long as possible.  The exception was our two week Pride where we had more luggage than we usually would.

I guess Self Walk on and Self Walkoff would prevent this. Can Carnival get security images to see where the bag is?  I agree having the Tile would prevent against this but not 100 percent if you could not get the tracking to activate. 

Could have a fellow passenger taken your luggage thinking it was their luggage?

On 12/8/2021 at 7:43 AM, LHARTWICK said:

Self carry is all we use now for debarkation - been doing this for several years now.  We also pack light.  That's really the key IMHO.  I always chuckle when I see some of the piles of luggage placed in the hallways on the night prior to debarkation.  A 7 day cruise and a mountain of suitcases outside of cabins that I know only have 2 people in them.  But to each their own!  🤪

You do realize some people do several cruises back2back

I figured out a way to protect my new luggage and make it easy to spot from far away. I made matching quilted covers for them. I always have the smaller suitcase as a carry on and check the larger one for under the plane or with the porters for the ships. They definitely don’t look like anyone else’s suitcase and they aren’t all full of scratches and scrapes after 3 years of travel. 

AB818372-0A8B-4968-A3AC-A7D79BB966B6.jpeg

8F57B129-5006-4CB7-BCAC-7E7856CA828C.jpeg

• Like 1