Just back! Our VIKING SKY-tastic 7 day Iconic Mediterranean cruise. November 7 - 14, 2021. Full trip report with tons of pix.

Sleep7

Sleep7:

Flawless review. Fantastic, interesting and informative pictures and narrative. It was actually fun to read. We are doing Rome to Istanbul on the Sky at the end of December. You really got me excited. Can't wait. Looking forward to your next trip and review! Your selection of material was masterful.

You have earned 5 stars!

Bob

Edited by rbslos18
  • Like 1

👋Hi Sapphire_07!

Oh you're so welcome! Thank you for such the lovely compliments.  We did have the best time.. it was a truly delight. I can't wait to book another cruise.

👋Hi TheFarSize!

You are so welcome too.. it was a true pleasure to write.  Lucky you going for 14 days!  And so soon.

It's funny.. we met very few people on the cruise from NY/NJ.  I was so surprised.

👋Hi rbslos18!

Thank you so much for your sweet sweet post.  It made my night that you said it was flawless.  I'm so touched.  It was so fun to write!  The cruise really was flawless.

You must be so excited about your cruise in December.. it's really just around the corner.  Enjoy every moment!

I can't wait to sail again.. hopefully soon.

👋Hi Suite Traveler!

Another fuzzy shoe fan!! They are the most comfortable sandals/shoes.. so easy on and off and keep your feet toasty too.  I'm so glad you enjoyed the review.. thank you so much for your sweet words.

The shoes are by Ugg.. called Cosette.😃

• Like 1

Hi sleep7,

Thanks for this reminiscing report. We just got bAck from our 14 day trip on the Viking Sea on Monday. Along with Viking Sky, we crossed paths with Viking Venus, actually seeing them at the same excursions one day.

What an amazing journey. Carcassonne was unbelievable, given the fact there are still about 50 people who live within the walls.

One thing that stands out with all of these cruises is the staff on all of Vikings ships. They go above and beyond. The day before we went to Ephesus my batteries went dead in my camera and the gift shop was out. The head manager of the stores went  and came back with batteries, saving the day.

Viking Customer Service is exceptional!

Thanks for sharing. I am ready for my next Viking cruise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

Great trip report! I really enjoyed all of the pictures. PS, your wardrobe is really nice!

👋Hi LinnieRed!

Thank you so much for your sweet post! I'm so glad you enjoyed the review and truly touched that you liked my outfits.  My favorite thing to pack for a warm or warm-ish weather vacation are  the "Signature Poplin Dresses" by LL Bean.  You don't have to think of a top to match a bottom or a bottom to match a top.  It's all done for you!😃 

😍Thanks again!

Edited by Sleep7
  • Like 1

👋Hi Hersheyhughs!!

Oh my gosh.. 14 days at sea.. how wonderful. 

We could only go away for a week as the hubs had to be back at work. 

I would have loved to cruise longer.

I agree about Carcassone completely!  I'm so glad that we went.. it was just such a WOW!!!

Did you stop at that rest stop with those HUGE Toblerone bars too?😆

I also agree 100% that the crew who worked on the ship were absolutely the nicest people in the whole world.  These are folks who are away from their families for months at a time yet treat us like their family with their smiles and warmth.  😍

What a story about your camera battery.. they really do go above and beyond.

I'm ready for my next cruise too!!!!😃

15 hours ago, JeriGail said:

Someone else just posted about how terrible the food was at the World Café on the Sea.  Did you have the same experience?

Thanks for asking as I am the person that mentioned the soggy shrimp and soggy crab legs, dried out turkey and dried out pork at the World Cafe on the Sea, Nov 1 BCN to Rome. Also asked if there were theme night dinners at the World Cafe since I didn't see any and asked crew quite a few times if there were and got no answer.  I see photos of large paella platters, etc. Were these theme foods just at lunch? No one on this forum seems to answer my question about Theme foods.

You will have a wonderful cruise on the Sea!  These food concerns I have is just annoying me since Viking is at a price point that I wouldn't imagine this to happen. 

👋Hi bbtondo!

I don't think there were "theme menus" as such.  The paella that I took a picture of in the World Cafe was at dinner time on the second day we were in Barcelona so maybe that is why it was served that evening since we were in Spanish waters?😊

4 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Hi bbtondo!

I don't think there were "theme menus" as such.  The paella that I took a picture of in the World Cafe was at dinner time on the second day we were in Barcelona so maybe that is why it was served that evening since we were in Spanish waters?😊

Thanks so much for that information!  Our cruise on the Sea was in Barcelona for 2 nights and didn't see the paella.  Oh, well... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbtondo said:

Thanks for asking as I am the person that mentioned the soggy shrimp and soggy crab legs, dried out turkey and dried out pork at the World Cafe on the Sea, Nov 1 BCN to Rome. Also asked if there were theme night dinners at the World Cafe since I didn't see any and asked crew quite a few times if there were and got no answer.  I see photos of large paella platters, etc. Were these theme foods just at lunch? No one on this forum seems to answer my question about Theme foods.

You will have a wonderful cruise on the Sea!  These food concerns I have is just annoying me since Viking is at a price point that I wouldn't imagine this to happen. 

We just returned from the Iconic western Mediterranean on Jupiter 11/7-11/14. They did indeed have theme nights in the World Cafe. We went on Asian night and on Spain night. I seem to remember one night was "southern fried chicken." 

57 minutes ago, khm1 said:

We just returned from the Iconic western Mediterranean on Jupiter 11/7-11/14. They did indeed have theme nights in the World Cafe. We went on Asian night and on Spain night. I seem to remember one night was "southern fried chicken." 

Appreciate this info. Now I know why no one on the ship gave me an  answer.  Disappointing,  but life goes on. As I had mentioned other people on our ship noticed too. 

There is always a small sign at the entrance to the World Café if something special is offered for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It is easy to overlook as you are heading for the hand wash sinks.  We missed several before we learned to check out the sign.

• Like 1

Thanks, a terrific review. Will be on Venus 02dec, 1st time on Viking.  Booked a lowly v2 gty, and cabin was just assigned 2 days ago...a dv4.  Real happy!  So far, no upgrade offer, but they already gave us an upgrade. Based on your review, getting very excited !  

• Like 1

👋 Hi FetaCheese!

Thanks for your sweet compliments!!  That's awesome about your upgrade.. I chuckled at "lowly V2." 

I don't think there is a bad cabin on the ship but an upgrade is ALWAYS extra fun.

You are leaving so soon!! Have the best time!!!🤩

On 11/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, Jazmyn49 said:

There is always a small sign at the entrance to the World Café if something special is offered for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  It is easy to overlook as you are heading for the hand wash sinks.  We missed several before we learned to check out the sign.

Knew this, but on my iconic med cruise on the sea no signs. Also asked in the world cafe and got no answers. I got the impression that there were many new employees at the world cafe.  Between the non answers I got, no signs and some food not prepared well at all. This was my experience. 

👋Hi TTNN!

Thanks so much for your sweet compliments about my blog.  I'm so glad that it was helpful. Lucky you leaving so soon for your cruise.  You are going to have an awesome time!  Enjoy every moment!😊