typically how long to issue FCC?

rodndonna

We booked and had to cancel a Celebrity cruise and have not yet heard anything back since regarding FCC's

The cruise was for Sept 25 (7days) and cancelled in August. I know it was stated as up to 45 days, it is well past since cancellation and now at 45 days to the end of the original itinerary. I have emailed Celebrity but no response yet and gave up waiting on the phone. 

How long have people had to wait for FCC's to be issued typically? 

Our cruise was cancelled around June 25th...  I immediately booked a late September Alaska as a replacement...  a week before sailing our FCC still hadn't been sent... they had to hand issue & apply them... it wasn't easy.  

We had several FCC from different sailing that applied to this cruise...  all of them went more or less smoothly except for that final one...  in the end, it all worked out, but not without some scrambling on my part.  

Thank you both - I feel alot better now knowing it is at least not uncommon.

We are looking at booking Alaska for next September with the latest promo, so maybe we will just go ahead and book and worry about getting the FCC's sorted before then - should be plenty of time by then.

55 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We booked and had to cancel a Celebrity cruise and have not yet heard anything back since regarding FCC's

The cruise was for Sept 25 (7days) and cancelled in August. I know it was stated as up to 45 days, it is well past since cancellation and now at 45 days to the end of the original itinerary. I have emailed Celebrity but no response yet and gave up waiting on the phone. 

How long have people had to wait for FCC's to be issued typically? 

Just curious, do you have to pay long distance charges when you call Celebrity on their 1-800 number or is there a Canadian number you call? Just thinking that could get awful expensive waiting on hold if you had to call Miami.

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, do you have to pay long distance charges when you call Celebrity on their 1-800 number or is there a Canadian number you call? Just thinking that could get awful expensive waiting on hold if you had to call Miami.

Thankfully the 1-800 is toll free from Canada. 😎

I think I will try going through the 3rd party (TA) that we had the original booking with. Maybe they can help expedite and they have a couple of additional perks (including an additional  $50 if booking with FCC's)

• Like 1

I cancelled a February cruise 9/22 and still have no FCCs.   I cancelled a second room on the same cruise and got the FCC in a couple of weeks.  Perhaps that's why I'm so confused and disappointed that they have blown past the 45 day supposed deadline.  My emails and those of my TA get crickets.