New covid 19 testing procedure

swansong

6 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

it will be interesting to see if Regent continues with its plan to relax testing and onboard masking requirements given the concerns related to the new South African variant.

Do you mean the new Omicron variant which has milder symptoms than earlier variants?  I sure hope Regent, which mandates 100% vaccination, does not go backwards.

Marc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Do you mean the new Omicron variant which has milder symptoms than earlier variants?  I sure hope Regent, which mandates 100% vaccination, does not go backwards.

Yes, when I said "the new South African variant", I obviously meant Omicron. I will wait until the science determines that it  "has milder symptoms than earlier variants" and current vaccines /boosters provides strong protection...until then it is too early to conclude that. I don't think multiple countries would close flights originating from 7 SA countries if there was not a concern. Cruising will not be immune.

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

I read the article but can't figure out how it would pertain to cruises that embark in USA, travel to other countries, and then debark in USA.  After our upcoming cruise, we are heading to WDW for four days so a bit concerned how this would be implemented (if even the government is stupid enough to implement this).

Marc

43 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I read the article but can't figure out how it would pertain to cruises that embark in USA, travel to other countries, and then debark in USA.  After our upcoming cruise, we are heading to WDW for four days so a bit concerned how this would be implemented (if even the government is stupid enough to implement this).

Marc

How do they implement for anyone? Everyone entering the USA goes directly to a hotel? Or home? They still have to travel to get there. This is getting silly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Marc

Oh,  I know how it’ll be implemented in my case! 😂😂

• Like 4