Final payment help

dad son team

So today is the due date for my January cruise.  I now the price dropped a few dollars and asked him to reprice and he put me on hold and came back with he can't because it is within the final payment window.  I didn't agree since I still have today to make the payment   I asked about cancelling and he said I would lose the deposit which was a cruise next cert.  Does this sound right?  I thought I would be able to cancel today

I'd ask them to upgrade your cabin category at the new pricing and pay the difference.  The cruise lines are always willing to take a few more bucks, but whether if the upgrade is a "deal" or not is up to you.

I bit the bullet and just paid the higher price.  Like I said, it was only a few dollars, but it was more the principal.  It just seems like we should be able to do anything to a reservation prior to the final payment being made and if the final payment is due 1 day after the cutoff to cancel then they should change that to make the final payment due 61 days prior.

1 hour ago, dad son team said:

I bit the bullet and just paid the higher price.  Like I said, it was only a few dollars, but it was more the principal.  It just seems like we should be able to do anything to a reservation prior to the final payment being made and if the final payment is due 1 day after the cutoff to cancel then they should change that to make the final payment due 61 days prior.

Be careful what you wish for - they could easily adopt the european model - no refunds, no adjustments.

3 hours ago, dad son team said:

if the final payment is due 1 day after the cutoff to cancel then they should change that to make the final payment due 61 days prior.

Remember, during normal times NCL's final payment is due 120 days prior and cancellation penalty kicks in at 119 days.  Alas, the times aren't normal right now.