Just back from 2 weeks on Symphony - questions? Ask away!

We just got off the Symphony as well.   I tried to book shows from the pier but it would not work. Our check in time was 12:30.  There was some delays and lines but We got on the ship about 1:15.  We went to the Park Cafe for lunch and I was able to book 4 for every show I wanted including late night comedy at the Attic.I will tell you they only offer Hairspray the first night and the second afternoon.   

For the person asking about the plugs. I am pretty sure our cabin had 3 American outlets at the desk plus one at a night stand plus 1 European outlet.  One thing really different is I always take a 3-1 adapter in case there is an outlet shortage. On this ship one plug was turned the other direction so my adapter went vertically giving me 5 at the desk.   Great idea!    

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:46 PM, deliver42 said:

I can tell you our friends had a 10:20 am flight from Miami and we had a 11:30 flight from FLL.  We both walked off about 7:20 and were thru customs about 745 am.  Made flights easily in fact we took a shuttle to FLL that waited about 20 min for another passenger on Carnival and still made it to FLL by 9am.  For Miami if you walk off you can be at the airport by 8:30.am as long as the ship is on time.  

On 11/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, Cayman Turtle said:

Just finished a B2B on Symphony - my first cruise back since the "Pause in Operations". I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have them.

Sailing on Symphony Dec. 11.  Were you able to purchase the Unlimited Dining package in board? It is not available on the cruise planner.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, catergirl said:

hi thanks for helping out. i am usually one who books private excursions for the day at different ports. with covid rules are you still allowed? or have to book ship ones? thanks martha

The only restriction we can across in terms of excursions was if you were travelling with unvaccinated children. Then you had to book a excursion through Royal in order to leave the ship in port.

4 hours ago, 4Nathan said:

Sailing on Symphony Dec. 11.  Were you able to purchase the Unlimited Dining package in board? It is not available on the cruise planner.  Thanks!

Yes, you can book on board. It was offered to us on Day 1. There are lots of staff around only too happy to take the booking.

5 hours ago, 4Nathan said:

Hello, I'm on the same sailing. Just logged in around an hour ago to check today's prices as I'm hoping for a price drop. The Unlimited Dining Package is showing up now. I'm not sure if you've looked since posting your question earlier today. Hope it shows up for you also. Only 18 days to go. Woohoo! 

1 hour ago, Blauelini said:

Do you know where exactly is the kiosk on deck 5 to book shows on? 

I don't recall seeing a kiosk, but maybe it's by the theatre. The other option is to call the box office from any house phone or your stateroom and they can book you over the phone. I believe the extension was 1200 but I may be remembering that incorrectly.

5 minutes ago, Cayman Turtle said:

I don't recall seeing a kiosk, but maybe it's by the theatre. The other option is to call the box office from any house phone or your stateroom and they can book you over the phone. I believe the extension was 1200 but I may be remembering that incorrectly.

Thanks, I'll look by the theater. I know there is a self serve kiosk on deck 5 somewhere. 

If you want the unlimited drink package don’t wait to you get on the ship. On the ship it is full price. The month before our cruise Royal ran sale prices of 20% to 30% off.   It is still pretty high but it sure beats list price. Might be a good chance they run a big sale this weekend.  I would say if you are not seeing options to buy the drink packages, internet, excursions dining deals you are not looking in the rights spot or something is wrong.  

On 11/22/2021 at 10:57 PM, volk904 said:

We just got off the Symphony as well.   I tried to book shows from the pier but it would not work. Our check in time was 12:30.  There was some delays and lines but We got on the ship about 1:15.  We went to the Park Cafe for lunch and I was able to book 4 for every show I wanted including late night comedy at the Attic.I will tell you they only offer Hairspray the first night and the second afternoon.   

For the person asking about the plugs. I am pretty sure our cabin had 3 American outlets at the desk plus one at a night stand plus 1 European outlet.  One thing really different is I always take a 3-1 adapter in case there is an outlet shortage. On this ship one plug was turned the other direction so my adapter went vertically giving me 5 at the desk.   Great idea!    

you mentioned using a 3 -1 adapter was it one you could have bought off Amazon?  I've seen others mention taking one from Cruise On and wondering if there is any issue with bag check.  Thinking maybe check bag rather than carryon to avoid any issue even though it says it is non surge.

3 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

You were on the Symphony for a 7 nt. cruise, correct? Do you remember which nights were formal nights? 

Yes, we were there for two seven night cruises, back to back. Formal night was on day 2 and Wear Your Best Night was on day 6.

12 hours ago, blueslily said:

Hello, I'm on the same sailing. Just logged in around an hour ago to check today's prices as I'm hoping for a price drop. The Unlimited Dining Package is showing up now. I'm not sure if you've looked since posting your question earlier today. Hope it shows up for you also. Only 18 days to go. Woohoo! 

It did appear briefly at full price - $288 pp CAD.  It has disappeared again I will check back for a Black Friday sale then just wait til I get on board and hope for a better price!  Can’t wait to sail!

2 minutes ago, sunny_shores said:

Are masks really required just walking around the ship? 

Yes in any interior spaces like hallways, elevators, promenade, etc. If you don't wear one, staff will approach you and give you one to wear. Not required in any outdoor spaces or while eating. There are also spaces for vaccinated guests only that do not require masks. If you are in a venue or event that also allows unvaccinated children you must keep your mask on for the entire event. I went to one of the ice shows that was listed as a family event and had to keep my mask on for the entire show. There is usually a second showing for such events that is for vaccinated guests only and masks are optional. Staff are good at letting you know when masks are required in a venue.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:30 AM, swoopy2110 said:

What time did disembarkation begin / conclude ?

Thank you

I'll give Cayman a break and answer this one.  We were on the same cruise (11/13-20).

You were given a QR Code early in the cruise (maybe day 2?) and had to have it in by day5.  It detailed your personal travel plans after the cruise.  You had the opportunity to request a departure time.  I believe it started at 7am and I know the last group was at 9:15am.  They asked that passengers stay in their cabin.  But since breakfast venues closed at 8:30am, many of the late departure people preferred have a cup of coffee on the promenade.

RCL offered transportation to Miami International Airport for $36 per person.  Our Lyft cost about $25 and a tip (for two people).

Customs was a real breeze.  No more forms to fill out and agents looking at your passport photo.  They scan your face  and the facial recognition software does the rest.  It was amazing and a little scary (that authorities have the tools to identify people so quickly)!