Rum runners?

cruiseat50

Lighten up peeps. Now that I am a grown up, I just buy the booze package. BTW, did I tell you about the time, on Carnival, we did a b2b, bought booze on leg 1; which was delivered before leg 2. Also greeted family on leg 2 with Jell-O shots. Sorry about upside down pic.4AD8A171-3D9D-4E9A-98F8-A291538BF8F3.thumb.jpeg.333fb41fae7c0ea68ae66019451f6901.jpeg

Edited by libtrek

1 hour ago, libtrek said:

Lighten up peeps. Now that I am a grown up, I just buy the booze package. BTW, did I tell you about the time, on Carnival, we did a b2b, bought booze on leg 1; which was delivered before leg 2. Also greeted family on leg 2 with Jell-O shots. Sorry about upside down pic.4AD8A171-3D9D-4E9A-98F8-A291538BF8F3.thumb.jpeg.333fb41fae7c0ea68ae66019451f6901.jpeg

You can order jello shots in the booze package?

We brought the jello box, tiny shot glasses. Had the booze (see above). Got a bowl and hot water from the buffet. Chilled em in the room frig. We were wild and crazy back then. Even brought a cardboard cut out Mexican hat shot holder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, libtrek said:

We brought the jello box, tiny shot glasses. Had the booze (see above). Got a bowl and hot water from the buffet. Chilled em in the room frig. We were wild and crazy back then. Even brought a cardboard cut out Mexican hat shot holder.

This is exactly the type of person I want on my next cruise! 😎

• Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Heros all!!  RumRunner users beat the game and NCL surrendered.  Of course, now their persistent free beverage package has become a competitive advantage that others have, in many cases, been forced to follow.  Isn't competition/free market great! 😎  I'm guessing the only losers in this are the fine folks who manufacture and sell RumRunner flasks.

This.  Not sure NCL surrendered, but probably rather saw a way to have a competitive edge while still having a reasonable cruise cost. 

We are sailing NCL for the first time next month and will be interested how the whole experience compares to our standard, Royal Caribbean.  Royal's drink packages are truly outrageous.  They can easily cost more than the cruise fare.  Individual drink prices are crazy too.  A simple rum and coke is $11.  NCL, and Celebrity, win by a huge margin in this, for those of us that consume.

Dan

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pickle11 said:

Oh.  I get it now.  This topic is a joke.   Hey April fools to me.   I just didn't get it. . You all have changed my mind

Is booze smuggling a game?  Please tell me more.  I want to learn for my next cruse.

I REALLY DO think this is supposed to be a funny thread. 😀 At least I am finding quite funny! 😂

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

This.  Not sure NCL surrendered, but probably rather saw a way to have a competitive edge while still having a reasonable cruise cost. 

We are sailing NCL for the first time next month and will be interested how the whole experience compares to our standard, Royal Caribbean.  Royal's drink packages are truly outrageous.  They can easily cost more than the cruise fare.  Individual drink prices are crazy too.  A simple rum and coke is $11.  NCL, and Celebrity, win by a huge margin in this, for those of us that consume.

Dan

Viking’s drink package is $20:per day, and that includes the tip!

They also allow you to carry on all the beer, wine and liquor you can carry, at every port! You can consume it anywhere on the ship. Plus, they’ll open your wine with no corkage fee.
Just sayin’… 🥃

3 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Viking’s drink package is $20:per day, and that includes the tip!

They also allow you to carry on all the beer, wine and liquor you can carry, at every port! You can consume it anywhere on the ship. Plus, they’ll open your wine with no corkage fee.
Just sayin’… 🥃

That is very nice.  However their typical cruise fare is significantly higher too...

Yes, this is for fun. Remember the midnight buffets with gorgeous ice sculptures? They let you in a half hour early to take pictures. Everyone had assigned dining room seating? You got chocolates on your pillow every night? Folks wore ball gowns and tuxedos on formal nights (and you got all the lobster you could eat)? AND rum running was an art? LOL

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, libtrek said:

Yes, this is for fun. Remember the midnight buffets with gorgeous ice sculptures? They let you in a half hour early to take pictures. Everyone had assigned dining room seating? You got chocolates on your pillow every night? Folks wore ball gowns and tuxedos on formal nights (and you got all the lobster you could eat)? AND rum running was an art? LOL

Leonardo DiCaprio on 'The Great Gatsby': "It's intimidating ... because  you're almost setting yourself up for disaster" - Daily Actor

• Like 3