Port of Miami Terminal for MSC?

alohayall

I’m sailing on the Seashore at the end of this month.

I have no idea if I’m supposed to know which terminal MSC currently uses.

I’ve searched the internet, Cruise Critic, and MSC website. Seems a lot of new terminals are being built or remodeled - for the future.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Other than the Southeast edge of CONUS land mass).  Perhaps there are signs at the port indicating which terminal for which ship?  

Thanks.  One of those final pre-cruise details.

7 hours ago, alohayall said:

I’m sailing on the Seashore at the end of this month.

I have no idea if I’m supposed to know which terminal MSC currently uses.

I’ve searched the internet, Cruise Critic, and MSC website. Seems a lot of new terminals are being built or remodeled - for the future.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Other than the Southeast edge of CONUS land mass).  Perhaps there are signs at the port indicating which terminal for which ship?  

Thanks.  One of those final pre-cruise details.

Greetings

There are signs as you enter the cruise port area as to the terminal assignments.  You can also check on the PortMiami webcam or on Live Ship Maps the morning of your cruise.  MSC has been using Terminal F (almost at the far west end) and Terminal C (the old NCL terminal which is now 3rd from the east end since the new Royal and NCL terminals have been built).

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 1

Apparently, MSC had to use different Pier terminal on Saturday.

Our driver just looked for MSC Meraviglia and slowly went down drive along piers until we saw ship . That’s where we got out. 
Getting processed inside was a mess because it was new terminal and equipment for workers and no one knew what to do. 
Took 2 hours and we are in YC.

Next week will be better.

• Like 1

The Port of Miami on embarkation day is chaotic.  Expect it.  Terminal F was where Meraviglia docked in January, 2020.  It has since undergone renovation.  It is my understanding that it was done so to berth Carnival ships, the big ones.  Other ships can (and have) used it.  MSC and the Port of Miami is expected to build a new terminal exclusive for MSC at the far Eastern end of Dodge Island.  Viewing the Port of Miami web cam, I see nothing happening there.  

My best advice is for you and your driver to be very aware of the signs entering the Port.  (And my experience when driving into the Port, the signage in 2020 was poor.  Maybe, it has improved.)  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  This is the first time in 27 cruises that I am not getting a clear picture of my ground transportation plans.  And probably the first time I have been given the opportunity for transfers from the airport.  At least I have one rideshare experience under my belt if needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alohayall said:

Thanks everyone.  This is the first time in 27 cruises that I am not getting a clear picture of my ground transportation plans.  And probably the first time I have been given the opportunity for transfers from the airport.  At least I have one rideshare experience under my belt if needed.

I would never take an organized transfer to Port of Miami if it was from MIA.  Cab fare is cheap (usually cheaper than transfers for two or more passengers.  Transfers will typically wait until the van or bus fills up, and I am not a patient waiter in a hot vehicle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

I would never take an organized transfer to Port of Miami if it was from MIA.  Cab fare is cheap (usually cheaper than transfers for two or more passengers.  Transfers will typically wait until the van or bus fills up, and I am not a patient waiter in a hot vehicle.

I agree.

With Covid, not sure I want to be in van with those who do not feel the need for wearing masks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phissy said:

I agree.

With Covid, not sure I want to be in van with those who do not feel the need for wearing masks. 

I have decide to use the MSC transfer from Miami air[ort to/from the ship.  I am traveling alone and just dont want the hassle.  I am vaccinated and have had the booster, plus take lots of vit C.  Will double mask in the van for my Jan cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alohayall said:

I finally found it.  On page 11 of 17 in e-ticket.  I was expecting it to be more upfront - and possibly in bold.

8E77B4AF-57F6-45A2-9ABD-A86D91AE6B53.thumb.jpeg.7f6285b63fdef1b420b24a5ab36ed753.jpeg

Greetings

Sometimes the IT Department doesn't get the information updated in the published data.  This is true for many of the lines not just MSC.  This morning Seashore is berthed at Terminal C.  She leaves tomorrow on her first paid US cruise.  Will she move to Terminal F between today and tomorrow?  Will she leave from Terminal C and return to Terminal F (this makes a huge mess for the passengers)?  It's always best to double check the day of the cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

Sometimes the IT Department doesn't get the information updated in the published data.  This is true for many of the lines not just MSC.  This morning Seashore is berthed at Terminal C.  She leaves tomorrow on her first paid US cruise.  Will she move to Terminal F between today and tomorrow?  Will she leave from Terminal C and return to Terminal F (this makes a huge mess for the passengers)?  It's always best to double check the day of the cruise.

Good Sailing

Tom 

I will just treat it as an adventure into the unknown at this point 🙂. And hope my rideshare driver has the same sense of adventure.  

Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alohayall said:

I will just treat it as an adventure into the unknown at this point 🙂. And hope my rideshare driver has the same sense of adventure.  

Thanks for the heads up. 

Port of Miami is easy to navigate..

one-way roads counterclockwise traffic.. if the driver misses the ship he just has to drive another round..

Cruise ships are clearly visible.. Lol

tell the driver to look for a huge white ship with “MSC” sign on the side and “MSC Seashore” license plate in the front .. 😂

847B6541-E052-4C22-A763-AF3AE293C9E7.gif

• Haha 1

Greetings

Seashore left her berth at Terminal C early this morning but she sailed to the turning basin and came right back to Terminal C.  She was pointed bow to the west but now she is bow to the east and can sail straight out the cut this afternoon.

We get aboard in 1 week and I hope she keeps using Terminal C.  If you drive yourself to the port Terminal F is probably the worst terminal for parking.  The garage is down at Terminal G and it is a long walk back to Terminal F.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Port of Miami is easy to navigate..

one-way roads counterclockwise traffic.. if the driver misses the ship he just has to drive another round..

You are probably an experienced cruiser who has sailed from the Port of Miami several times.  If one is a first time guest, cruising from this Port, it was NOT easy for this guest to navigate.  The signage was poor; the traffic was chaotic.  Yes, I did consider driving out of the Port and trying again.  But, did I really want to endure this mess again?  

Patience is clearly required.  The traffic situation is certainly no time for "road rage".  A compliment for all of those drivers whom I encountered on that January morning:  they were kind, patient, and allowed me to squeeze into a slot to get to Terminal F and then to get to get to Garage G.  The Port Police on duty were of no help.  I tried to make a stop at the white tent for YC and was told in a rude tone of voice by a lady Officer to "keep moving".  It is a wonder that my turn signal lights did not burn out.   

19 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Cruise ships are clearly visible.. Lol

Well, duh!  But, how the heck to get to the one I wanted!  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You are probably an experienced cruiser who has sailed from the Port of Miami several times.  If one is a first time guest, cruising from this Port, it was NOT easy for this guest to navigate.  The signage was poor; the traffic was chaotic.  Yes, I did consider driving out of the Port and trying again.  But, did I really want to endure this mess again?  

Patience is clearly required.  The traffic situation is certainly no time for "road rage".  A compliment for all of those drivers whom I encountered on that January morning:  they were kind, patient, and allowed me to squeeze into a slot to get to Terminal F and then to get to get to Garage G.  The Port Police on duty were of no help.  I tried to make a stop at the white tent for YC and was told in a rude tone of voice by a lady Officer to "keep moving".  It is a wonder that my turn signal lights did not burn out.   

Well, duh!  But, how the heck to get to the one I wanted!  

Greetings

We are experienced cruisers and have sailed countless times out of Miami and agree totally with your assessment.  The port can be a real zoo especially on weekend sailings when there are lots of ships doing turn-around day.  You may see your ship, but getting through the traffic can be quite a challenge.  Cars going every which way, taxis, shuttles, busses and the supply trucks going in and out can really try your patience.  And crossing all the traffic lanes when you leave Terminal F and try to get to the garage can make you grit your teeth and say bad words.  I always breath a sigh of relief when I finally have the bags dropped, the car parked and have reached the Terminal entrance.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

We are experienced cruisers and have sailed countless times out of Miami and agree totally with your assessment.  The port can be a real zoo especially on weekend sailings when there are lots of ships doing turn-around day.  You may see your ship, but getting through the traffic can be quite a challenge.  Cars going every which way, taxis, shuttles, busses and the supply trucks going in and out can really try your patience.  And crossing all the traffic lanes when you leave Terminal F and try to get to the garage can make you grit your teeth and say bad words.  I always breath a sigh of relief when I finally have the bags dropped, the car parked and have reached the Terminal entrance.

Good Sailing

Tom

My thoughts exactly!  I was driving a new car to this cruise and hoped that we would escape with no fender benders, etc.  Which we did.  

• 2 weeks later...

It was Terminal F on Saturday, Nov 27.  My Lyft driver didn’t speak English, but we communicated well enough to get me to the port with no problems. I never saw a sign as we came into the Port that indicated ships / terminals.  We made a good guess where to drop the bags.

Then the nearly 3 hour boarding line began.  Half of it in the sun.   At the nearly 1.5 hour mark, as we neared the door, they called out for Diamond members.  Then it was upstairs to join the crowds for more.  Passports got photographed on a smart phone at various angles - supposedly because they were in a terminal under construction.  

Whew! My own processing took less than 5 minutes; I had paper copies of my health questionnaire and test results.  That seemed to speed up the process. 

Our arrival time on Saturday has been pushed from 8 am until 1 pm due to a return to San Juan for medical emergencies. Now I understand why the universe gave me a 4:40 pm flight.