It's been a while

ILOVEHI50

Prior to covid we had cruised a few times each year, and a few of our cruises were cancelled due to covid.  We were booked for June 2020 on Oasis out Bayonne.  I lift and shifted to June 2021, and then we lift and shifted to June of 2022.  I called the travel agent to have the last lift and shift done after I knew the one was being cancelled for June of this year..  She stated due to fees, it would be between $100 and 200 more.  Between working 60-70 hours a week, and trying to build a house I never followed back up. Long story short I just looked online, and it is showing that they did not price protect and appears they want me to pay full price for the cruise.  I will give them a call tomorrow; but what are my options.  It is a non refundable fare.  Can I transfer the cruise to a different cruise; if they will not change back to the original cost?  Yes, my fault for not following up; but I have barely had time to turn around this year.

Lift & Shift for everyone might have been over. And if you moved it before your cruise was officially cancelled, it would not have been price protected. 

Lift and Shift is still available to all bookings, if you take advantage of it before January 31, 2021. After this point, Lift & Shift will expire and is no longer available at any time. They are still offering it on a limited basis for cruises that the cruise line cancels. And I think it only applied to cruises before April 2022? 

And congratulations on your new house! 

Edited by Coralc

I didn't move it until the cruise was cancelled.  I do know that for sure.   I guess it's the dates for the lift and shift that is in question.  In fact I almost missed the deadline; because I had so much going on, and never got an email.  I did just find something online that does look like it did get extended.    If anybody out there had a cruise cancelled during this time and can confirm below I would appreciate it.  I will be giving them a call in the morning.   Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cancel Most Cruises Through June 2021

IMG_2095-80x80.jpeg

Published

8 months ago 

on

April 8, 2021

Sister lines Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises have both announced that they have now canceled voyages through June 30, 2021 — with some exceptions. Previously, both lines had suspended cruises through May 31

Option 1: Lift & Shift

Passengers can take their current (now canceled) booking and move it to essentially the same sailing next year. The 2022 cruise must be the same itinerary type and destination, and be within four weeks of the same sailing dates as this year’s. Guests have until April 22, 2021 to choose this option.

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Lift & Shift for everyone might have been over. And if you moved it before your cruise was officially cancelled, it would not have been price protected. 

Lift and Shift is still available to all bookings, if you take advantage of it before January 31, 2021. After this point, Lift & Shift will expire and is no longer available at any time. They are still offering it on a limited basis for cruises that the cruise line cancels. And I think it only applied to cruises before April 2022? 

And congratulations on your new house! 

Our cruise (April 2022) is a lift & shift from last April