On Epic in the Med - COVID Observations

kalypso333

I’d agree with what kaly mentioned above, masks are now quite lenient so depending your feelings this could be a concern. I’ve only seen one crew mate arguing with a guest about it out of hundreds so I don’t expect an issue. 

Christmas markets are setting up, if this ship was running a week behind we would definitely have the opportunity to fully experience them. 

Internet has easily been the worst I’ve experienced on a ship, it’s almost comically bad. I would not rely on it for any important use. 

Most guests have been awesome, I’ve seen very little ‘freak outs’ at the guest services desk, really only one memorable one so far. Please keep being kind to each other :)

Turkey dinner may have been the best quality mass preparation across restaurants I’ve seen in a long time, reminded me of the indulgence of the midnight chocolate buffet way back when. Seriously, the chefs and kitchen staff need a round of applause for pulling that off. 

Today in Cádiz there were some medical officers unloading huge boxes of supplies from couriers in taxis and vans. I only know it was medical because of the crew involved and markings on the boxes lol. Seems strange to have this type of emergency delivery at the last minute in front of the port instead of off to the side but better safe then sorry. I wonder if we will all be asked to test before NYC regardless. 

1 hour ago, jjames80 said:

<snipped>
Turkey dinner may have been the best quality mass preparation across restaurants ... Seems strange to have this type of emergency delivery at the last minute in front of the port instead of off to the side but better safe then sorry. I wonder if we will all be asked to test before NYC regardless. 

Probably not strange, rather out of an abundance of precaution to surge extra medical supplies, perhaps additional PPE basics in light of the alarming news about a new variant being detected among travelers in a number of countries, with its origin out of southern Africa.  WHO urging precautions but public health authorities are slamming the brakes and global stock market reacting.  

A news link here - https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-new-variant-southern-africa-33fa0983af6c9f961a186f4f4bb1147d 

We were on the Epic about a month ago.  Masks were required unless you were seated at a restaurant or bar.  The ship was about half full, but there seemed to be almost a full complement of staff and crew.  Service was excellent and it often looked like there were extra servers just standing around looking for something to do.  Unlike some other posts on this thread, we found the WIFI to be the best we've ever experienced on an NCL ship, probably because there were so few passengers.

I’m on the Epic right now. Ironically, today, our first sea day after leaving Funchal/Europe, people are saying masks are no longer required. This has not been announced at all, and staff are all double masked. But I did notice fewer people wearing masks today. 

also, of note-we were originally getting our US Entry Covid tests on Tuesday and Wednesday. They announced today that the regulations have changed and now we need to do the tests 24 hour before arrival in NY. More info is pending. 

• Like 1