Hola from on-board the Seashore with kids!!

cheramello

We're here in Cozumel! Embarked on the 20th and drove around yesterday. The kids had a great time at the aquapark and we have all been stuffing our faces with yummy food. 

Today we did the Fury Catamaran excursion. It was a good time but the snorkeling was a bit choppy so the younger kids did not stay in the water but a few minutes before they hopped back on board. After snorkeling we went to the beach and trampoline water park thing. It was super nice but we wish it had been longer. They sell burgers and chips, cash only. After the excursion the MSC people shuffled us back on board so they are very strict about the staying on your excursion thing. Jic you are wondering about that as we were. No shopping for us, which probably worked out to be a good thing for our wallets! 

The ship has tons of wonderful outdoor space. The kids clubs are all open and dining is just a bit different (for us maybe not in anytime dining) because they are setting people every other table so there isn't the normal interaction and meeting new people portion of dinner. 

I recommend downloading the MSC for Me app and logging in before you get on board. I forgot to have my daughter do that so we were finally able to download it for her here in MX.

Somehow everyone's prepaid wifi and drinks packages did not transfer in the system so anyone affected had to wait at customer service and then it took a few hours after that for it to show up.

But anything that was charged they said would be reversed. So just double check all your add ons get added. 

The people at the Hub were incredibly helpful fixing all the connection issues with our phones. Also if you have a VPN you will not be able to use the intranet so if you have a burner phone for on board that would be useful. 

Everything is mostly normal aside from the masks, and physical distancing in the theaters, oh and the buffet is served by staff which makes me feel like a glutton ordering 50 desserts. 😂

I can't think of much else! If you have questions maybe I can answer some if I can get online to see them! 

• Like 5

There mustn’t be many onboard if they are seating people at every other table.  That wasn’t the case when we were onboard.  Tables were quite close together.  You’d barely squeeze through ours and the next table.  We easily conversed with the family next to us.

• Like 1

I thought of another thing! The aqua park is amazing but there are no lifeguards and there are no seating areas for parents next to the pool portion. So you have to stand there the whole time or "stop being a helicopter parent" as my husband says and sit a little further away or a deck above that overlooks the area a little. 

There is a pool attendant but he is not dedicated to the pool, he walked around. 

The little little kids pool was closed but I have only seen a few kids under 4ish on board. 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

There mustn’t be many onboard if they are seating people at every other table.  That wasn’t the case when we were onboard.  Tables were quite close together.  You’d barely squeeze through ours and the next table.  We easily conversed with the family next to us.

Was your cruise for fully vaccinated passengers only in Europe? That may have been the difference. 😊

26 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Do you have to wear a mask at all times inside? Such as if I am sitting in the lobby having a drink do I have to take a sip and put my mask back on as they have to on Princess?

No you don’t have to put it on between sips.
You have to wear it while walking from place to place inside the ship but once you’re seated you can take the mask off. 
Just off Divina yesterday and it really wasn’t a hassle to do the mask thing. Everyone was very good about it. 
Sitting on deck no need to wear the mask either as well as when in the hottubs or pools. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Do you have to wear a mask at all times inside? Such as if I am sitting in the lobby having a drink do I have to take a sip and put my mask back on as they have to on Princess?

What Styles said. Masks indoors just like at stores etc but you take it off when eating and nobody has to wear a mask outdoors. Everyone here has been good about wearing it. 

6 hours ago, cheramello said:

But also I do think capacity is capped at 50%. 

Yeah - that wasn’t the case in the Med.

Looking forward to hearing any more insights you may have about the cruise, such as dining experiences/menus/buffet, etc.   We’re booked for March so I’m curious as to how different things will be vs sailing on her in the Med. 

On 11/23/2021 at 2:48 PM, renysmom said:

Can you post some kids menu examples from the main dining room?  Thanks

Yes! I'm not able to post pics right now for some reason but I definitely will. The kids menu has been the same every day but there's a lot of choices. And of course the kids are not required to eat from it. One day my son asked for pasta with meatballs and tomato sauce and they brought that out for him even though the choice was pasta in soup.

Also they have been quite lax with the dress code. My son wore shorts one day but I had him put a collared shirt on and they didn't even bat an eye. We've seen people in various states of dress in the main dining room, although most people are dressing up a little, and one guy even had a robe on at the buffet. 🤯

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, MacMarauder said:

Nice! How old are you kids, I'm planning to sail on Seashore next year with a 4 and 7 year old. Is there an indoor area for the kids to run around / play? 

Well I typed a whole reply and posted it but it disappeared!! 

Anyway,  my kids are 12 (almost 13) and 7. My 12yo hasbeen up in the tween club and arcade most of the time. We have to remind her she has a family and to come join us for dinner. 😂

There's not really an indoor place for the kids to run and play but there is tons of outdoor space. The kids clubs are indoors and keeping them active. The arcade is pretty cool but very expensive! Games are $1.50-$3.00 each play. They do sell a fun pass so the more you buy the more free money you get. For example we got the kids $50 each and that got them $10 free. They each burned that up within two days so we put spending limits on their accounts and told them to calm it down! 

They have a fenced in basketball court topside and they set up mini golf on that as well. They have Foosball and pool table as well. 

I'll postpics when I can. Our server was on the Seaside and she said the two ships are very similar, just that the Seashore is spread out a bit. 

• Like 1