BinaxNOW home test 2-Pack for 1 person or can 2 use?

emerald777

2 minutes ago, emerald777 said:

If you bought the BinaxNOW 2-pack from Optum, did you and another person use the 2 tests or is it just for 1 person?  Thanks! 

It has been often reported here that you can register a second person when setting up the testing.  However, many have also reported buying extra tests in case of an accident or a defective test kit - which has happened.  I'd rather have some backup than the minimum 2-pack in this situation (based on the number reporting issues).

• Like 1

I picked up a few boxes from the local Walgreen's...but didn't realize that Princess is accepting BinaxNOW as proof of negative test. If this is true, then I'll be saving roughly $100 on a PCR test at the local clinic.

I've tried to connect with Princess chat for past hour and have not been successful. Is there anywhere on their site that shows BinaxNOW as an accepted proof of negative test? 

(Sorry if this was covered elsewhere - did a search and found BinaxNOW referenced on nearly all other lines but didn't see Princess!)

From the Princess website.  There is a link at the end to order the test. 

Vaccinated guests may use a medically observed self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Princess has partnered with Optum so that U.S.-based vaccinated guests can order an FDA-authorized at-home antigen test kit, shipped to your door in 3 business days or less. These at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order with enough time to be shipped prior to your boarding. Order your test kit online.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, tlc1972 said:

I picked up a few boxes from the local Walgreen's

Be careful there are two Home test kits, only the supervised one is accepted. I think it says Rx on the box. The one that says OTC is not accepted. Hopefully someone can be more specific.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Be careful there are two Home test kits, only the supervised one is accepted. I think it says Rx on the box. The one that says OTC is not accepted. Hopefully someone can be more specific.

Yep - just mentioned in my update that I ordered the Optum sponsored kits that have medical supervision (the Walgreen's purchase is just OTC without medical supervision). 

13 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

We used the proctored Binax tests for a recent cruise.  Purchased the 2 pack and was able to use one for my husband and one for myself.  You just need to set up individual accounts to use on 2 different people.

Please elaborate, did you have to register the kit when you bought it or did you just set up two accounts to do the test?

55 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

We used the proctored Binax tests for a recent cruise.  Purchased the 2 pack and was able to use one for my husband and one for myself.  You just need to set up individual accounts to use on 2 different people.

DW and I each have a Navica account set up on our phones. Is that what you did? Or just separate sign ins on the Emed site when you test? Was hoping one proctor session could do both of us but it souds like we will need to finish one and then reopen a new session.

Edited by Musky Ike

3 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

DW and I each have a Navica account set up on our phones. Is that what you did? Or just separate sign ins on the Emed site when you test? Was hoping one proctor session could do both of us but it souds like we will need to finish one and then reopen a new session.

When I ran my familiarization test in September I specifically asked about that and was told we'd need separate Navica IDs.  Then log into emed using the Navica credentials.  We'll see if that works in the wee hours of Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

When I ran my familiarization test in September I specifically asked about that and was told we'd need separate Navica IDs.  Then log into emed using the Navica credentials.  We'll see if that works in the wee hours of Thanksgiving.

That is what I thought from the videos. It would be easier if could both both test on the same call but no big deal. 

52 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

That is what I thought from the videos. It would be easier if could both both test on the same call but no big deal. 

I checked our credentials last week just to be sure they still worked.  Probably check them again tomorrow.  Don't want to have to recreate them in the wee hours.  😃

I thought the web site was interesting with the warning at the top saying these test may expire in Feb 2022.

I remembered reading about this here on CC a while ago (great source of latest developments) but glad they are being very upfront about it now.

Also maybe a method to ration out tests so not everyone is buying them up for trips a year away…like us 🙂

6 hours ago, AZjohn said:

I thought the web site was interesting with the warning at the top saying these test may expire in Feb 2022.

I remembered reading about this here on CC a while ago (great source of latest developments) but glad they are being very upfront about it now.

Also maybe a method to ration out tests so not everyone is buying them up for trips a year away…like us 🙂

The 3 tests I bought in the beginning of September turned out to have expiration dates in late September.  I was more than a little annoyed but then someone on here posted a link to a doc showing lot #s with extended exp dates.  Mine are good to 12/31/21.  But a little paranoia is a good thing, so I have 2 more tests that don't expire until 3/31/22.

18 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

DW and I each have a Navica account set up on our phones. Is that what you did? Or just separate sign ins on the Emed site when you test?

We have one main Navica profile and login for me and set up a 'managed profile' for DH.  I think the managed profile is really for parents to manage testing of minors but it still worked for us.  Either way you'll need separate calls.   

Hoping someone can answer.  I set up an individual profile and completed the Emed.com questionnaire and was approved for a 6 pack. 

Nephew and I are taking a Carnival cruise and will each have separate credentials/logins using the Navica app to complete the home test and get results. 

My parents are taking a separate Princess cruise in January and the 6 pack I ordered from Emed will still be valid. 

Can I give my parents use 2 of my leftover tests for their Princess cruise by creating separate accounts on the Navica app without creating a separate account through Emed? 

Edited by diesteldorf

1 hour ago, diesteldorf said:

Hoping someone can answer.  I set up an individual profile and completed the Emed.com questionnaire and was approved for a 6 pack. 

Nephew and I are taking a Carnival cruise and will each have separate credentials/logins using the Navica app to complete the home test and get results. 

My parents are taking a separate Princess cruise in January and the 6 pack I ordered from Emed will still be valid. 

Can I give my parents use 2 of my leftover tests for their Princess cruise by creating separate accounts on the Navica app without creating a separate account through Emed? 

I don't see why not.  I don't think the test kits are actually tied to the buyer's credentials.

• Like 1