Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

But, first let's go back just a bit to when I left the room and tried to log in... I was getting a full bar of signal, but couldn't get on any sight. I thought "alrighty then, I guess it's over"... I tried everything I know (which isn't much) and finally ended up in the Hub App to see if I could find a clue. I got to the part where you select your plan, and proceeded to try and get on. I clicked through, and it said I needed to enter my folio number again. I did that, and it said I was already logged in. Of course, I still couldn't get onto anything. I was this close to chucking my phone on the floor. Finally, I gave it another go, and got logged in... 

This sounds SO familiar.

• Like 2

I went down to try and get a large bottle of water to replace the one in the room... They said that I could get one, but I would have to pay full price for it, they're not included with Cheers. I always thought that you could get one at dinner, yet they refused me one last night at Rudi's. The guy looked in the system, and he says "you bought one last night at Rudi's"... I told him that they said I couldn't. He said that they were "holding on to it there"... So, you're telling me that they are holding a half a bottle of water there with my name on it?... 

So, basically I can get a hundred bottles of the small water, but not the big ones... Anyhoo, I didn't want to argue with the guy. 

Then, I went to guest services to see if I could trade my other pre paid reservation for Rudi's for the steakhouse. There were about six people in the "regular" line, and four or five in the "priority" line. All of the sudden, everyone in the regular line said "hey, wait. We're priority"... So, she told them to get in the other line. So, now I'm the only one in the regular line, and they called me up to the counter. Then all the people in the priority line began to grumble because they were helping me instead of them... They said that they could trade my reservation, but I would have to deal with the people at the steakhouse in order to do it. They said that it appeared that the steakhouse was sold out for the entire rest of the cruise. Worst case scenario, I end up eating at Rudi's again...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I also need to go get another one of these big bottles of water to replace the one in the room before the room steward comes... I don't want to end up getting charged for it...

Last night, I was so tired that I completely forgot to take my CBD oil before bed...

PXL_20211128_123414278.jpg

You can have a six-pack of 16.9oz bottles delivered to your room for the same or less than the large bottle, and they give you a lot more water.  Hub.  We already ordered ours so they'll be in our room when we board TODAY! 😁 🏴‍☠️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

You can have a six-pack of 16.9oz bottles delivered to your room for the same or less than the large bottle, and they give you a lot more water.  Hub.  We already ordered ours so they'll be in our room when we board TODAY! 😁 🏴‍☠️

Sid has Cheers which means he can get those smaller bottles of water free at any bar... I think he wanted the larger bottle to replace the one in his cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've tried several decks looking for the forward "secret" areas, but it appears that they don't have them on this ship... I tried 17, 16, 15, 14, and 12 so far... Looks like I'm going to be denied my "King of the World" moment...

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It's tough work, but somebody's got to do it...

PXL_20211128_143527486.jpg

Oh man that looks relaxing.

One thing I've picked up from watching those fashion and style shows, not that there's anything wrong with them, is if your towels are yellow go with the blue swim trunks.  If using the blue towels then the yellows are the best choice.  Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every several minutes, the internet goes in and out, and I get an alert on my phone... Annoying, but as long as it works good enough to finish up the review, it's cool with me. I know that it isn't exactly a perfect science out here in the middle of the ocean. 

The new shower was good, but the pressure not very great. I guess that when you have to provide six billion gallons of water to 4, 5, 6,000 people they've got to cut corners somewhere. 

Cruise casual...

PXL_20211128_154831930.jpg

• Like 8

@sid_9169...what's your opinion of your seafood dinner last night, you never really commented.

I'm guessing since you attempted to swap a future reservation there to the Steakhouse that the standards were less than anticipated.

I thought it looked like not enough food for a foodie like you.

Enjoying everything so far.....you seemed a little stressed yesterday, deep breathes, relax, you are doing what you enjoy best and do it with style....HAVE FUN!

• Like 5