Covid test results not back

HollDoll

15 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

The guests with the "lost test" were wishing to sail with Holland America on the Koningsdam.

David

Very unfortunate. Any idea what they were told if they brought up what is in writing on the FAQs? It’s one thing if it’s not in writing, but if it is stated policy like this (that HAL makes accommodations for this scenario), that creates trust issues knowing what public information is reliable.

• Like 1

To me, your requirements for embarkation are very clear:

Boarding Pass (printed or on your phone)...can be printed at the pier since you need a bar code or QR code in order to get on the ship using Booking Number.

Passport (or other acceptable citizenship document/photo ID..... and visa if required)

Covid-19 Vaccination record (at least 14 days from the 2nd shot).... original or copy

Negative result within 48 hrs from a "medical professional"....preferably printed

All aboard time is usually 45 minutes before sailing.

Covid testing at the pier is $150 per person, if the tests are available.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

This is why I did the E-Med test on this last cruise. I completed it around 6:30 or 7 AM Friday for a Sunday sailing. It was done in about 20 minutes and I had results in hand. I did not want to get on a airplane without having my negative test result and I wanted to have time to go get a PCR if there was an issue with the test kit. The $150 for a pack of 6 was well worth it. 

Current info re this topic:  boarded Eurodam yesterday.  If you had a Covid test but did not get result in time and you can show you did have the test, they will test you for free at the pier.  If you did not have a Covid test at all, they will administer one for you at a cost of $100.  They are 15 minute result tests.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, HollDoll said:

…If you had a Covid test but did not get result in time and you can show you did have the test, they will test you for free at the pier.  If you did not have a Covid test at all, they will administer one for you at a cost of $100….

Thanks for letting us know how it went @HollDoll! So glad you were able to board according to their written policy.

Does anyone know why some weren’t permitted to board Koningsdam a couple weeks back if they had proof they’d taken a test? Could anyone provide a link with info on that situation? Thanks!

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

Looking back at my Covid test in late August e-mails:

Appointment confirmation

Appointment reminder

Results

Nowhere can I find that the pharmacy confirmed that I showed up and was tested other than a text and e-mail of my result.  My test was covered by Medicare and I did not receive any billing.

What "proof" was provided to Holland America?  

What I posted earlier is that the guests declared that their result were "lost".

I do not think you can state that your passport was "lost" and expect a different outcome.

I cannot confirm whether they were offered to pay for a test at the pier and declined...... only that they insisted that the pharmacy was at fault and left.

David

P.S. I can think of other instances where guests would rather complain/blame rather than seek a solution.  One case was where a gentleman preferred to argue on the phone for 3 hours with the cruise line and travel agent instead of going 5 blocks to the passport office an purchase a copy of his PP.

Edited by DAllenTCY
  • Like 1

We did have proof on our phones of when the test was administered.  We did it through a Curative kiosk in Ft. Lauderdale across from the Riverside hotel.  However, not only did we not get our result in time, we boarded Wednesday, today is friendly..and we STILL have no result.  Status shows “not yet released.”  Needless to say, don’t use this service!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HollDoll said:

We did have proof on our phones of when the test was administered.  We did it through a Curative kiosk in Ft. Lauderdale across from the Riverside hotel.  However, not only did we not get our result in time, we boarded Wednesday, today is friendly..and we STILL have no result.  Status shows “not yet released.”  Needless to say, don’t use this service!

Brutal!  It's good to know about companies like this so others don't use them.

• Like 1