Royal Caribbean Excursion Opinions

Hi all-I could use some input from the RC experts on excursion ideas for my upcoming Eastern cruise on Allure. The itinerary takes us to Nassau (7:00-3:00), St. Thomas (11:00-7:00), St. Maarten (8:00-6:00) and St. Kitts (8:00-5:00). 

I like a mix of relaxing days and exploring days. Love nice beaches and being in the sun and water.

Nassau-I’ll stay on the ship to enjoy a less crowded ship day.

St. Thomas-even though it’s a late arrival, I’m thinking the St. John Trunk Bay Snorkel/Beach excursion through RC? I’ve only been to St. Thomas once and we didn’t go St. John, so I would love to see it, but if there other ideas I should consider, I’m open to suggestions! 

St. Maarten - I’ll likely do Mullett Bay (beach morning) and Maho Beach (afternoon) on my own. Always wanted to see the planes…

St. Kitts - this is where I’m a little stumped. I’m thinking that after 2 days in a row of exploring St. Thomas/St. John and St. Maarten I may be a little more in the mood to relax, so I was considering a Marriott day pass. BUT, I’ve never been to St. Kitts so I’m considering an excursion. I see RC offers a catamaran snorkel/beach excursion to Nevis that looks like it could be a lot of fun! Any input on these very different options? I’m torn on the best choice here….

If anyone has thoughts/comments about any of the above, all input is appreciated. I’m particularly interested in input regarding the St. John excursion and the St. Kitts options. Thanks for any input!

18 minutes ago, Gatordad815 said:

Hi all-I could use some input from the RC experts on excursion ideas for my upcoming Eastern cruise on Allure. The itinerary takes us to Nassau (7:00-3:00), St. Thomas (11:00-7:00), St. Maarten (8:00-6:00) and St. Kitts (8:00-5:00). 

I like a mix of relaxing days and exploring days. Love nice beaches and being in the sun and water.

Nassau-I’ll stay on the ship to enjoy a less crowded ship day.

St. Thomas-even though it’s a late arrival, I’m thinking the St. John Trunk Bay Snorkel/Beach excursion through RC? I’ve only been to St. Thomas once and we didn’t go St. John, so I would love to see it, but if there other ideas I should consider, I’m open to suggestions! 

St. Maarten - I’ll likely do Mullett Bay (beach morning) and Maho Beach (afternoon) on my own. Always wanted to see the planes…

St. Kitts - this is where I’m a little stumped. I’m thinking that after 2 days in a row of exploring St. Thomas/St. John and St. Maarten I may be a little more in the mood to relax, so I was considering a Marriott day pass. BUT, I’ve never been to St. Kitts so I’m considering an excursion. I see RC offers a catamaran snorkel/beach excursion to Nevis that looks like it could be a lot of fun! Any input on these very different options? I’m torn on the best choice here….

If anyone has thoughts/comments about any of the above, all input is appreciated. I’m particularly interested in input regarding the St. John excursion and the St. Kitts options. Thanks for any input!

I think that St. Kitts is one of the islands that requires you to take a ship excursion, you can't go out on your own.  Depending on when you sail, that may change, but for now, that's the rule.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I think that St. Kitts is one of the islands that requires you to take a ship excursion, you can't go out on your own.  Depending on when you sail, that may change, but for now, that's the rule.  

Great point-I was reading about that!! I'm going in a few months, so I’m thinking by then I may be able to go on my own. But if not, the Marriott day pass example is a proxy for a more tame option I could do through the ship (beach day, ship day, etc.)

Appreciate the input!