Summit 11/22/21 Sailing

kwokpot

1 hour ago, franco2 said:

Thanks for the updates and have a wonderful cruise we are not onboard until January , we were

On the Silhouette for the Scotland itinerary in August and had a fantastic time.

The Martini bar is our favorite place and we had great service from Adi and Pradana , hopefully

They are still onboard .

Thanks again.

Jim and Grace.

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Our first port stop in Costa Maya and we're docked next to the Edge. Very cloudy today and I'm staying on the ship.

Let me know if there's any questions. 

PXL_20211124_162941154.jpg

How many guests aboard?

We were on summit in sept this year and had a very enjoyable time there.   There is an aviary in the port area and it took us about an hour to tour.   Best $12 we've spent in a long while.   

3 hours ago, hasentreelake said:

How many guests aboard?

We were on summit in sept this year and had a very enjoyable time there.   There is an aviary in the port area and it took us about an hour to tour.   Best $12 we've spent in a long while.   

The ship is very to empty, about 750 passengers. Last night was the silent disco and that was lots of fun. The headliner entertainment was The Boyband Project that I saw three weeks ago on the Edge. Same exact show, and again an excellent performance. Talented, energetic, and because they don't take themselves so seriously they project a sense of fun and enjoyment in their performances. 

• Like 1

I thought the Cruise Director said 707 passengers, but regardless, not even half full.  The size of the ship made it feel to us more crowded than when we were on Edge last month with just over 1000 passengers.

I have to say, the service wasn't what we expected it to be--not as good as what we had on Summit and other X ships previously.  Two days our cabin wasn't made up until past noon, even though we vacated it before 9 AM.  He forgot to leave two towels most days (we were in AQ so I just used the terrycloth bathrobe).  A couple we spoke to in Blu said their steward didn't bring the afternoon canapes, and when asked, he said, "I don't know anything about that."  They also told us in Oceanview, a beverage attendant came and turned their drinks menu down, then left without taking their order.  Service in Blu was slow, and one day poolside, it took almost twenty minutes to have the waiter bring the two bottles of water we ordered.

That being said, any day cruising is better than a day on land, and nothing was bad enough to matter that much, but I was surprised because I've never noticed anything like those experiences in the past.

3 hours ago, hiccups said:

Service in Blu was slow, and one day poolside, it took almost twenty minutes to have the waiter bring the two bottles of water we ordered

Yes the service in Blu was slow. The servers were all very nice and pleasant but at dinnertime weren't as attentive as one would expect. 

We were on the Edge three weeks ago in Aquaclass and both the service and food were superior to our experience on the Summit. I'm not sure why people need to have a view at Blu on the Edge. On the Summit it was dark and nothing to see at dinner time and in the morning the sun was so bright they had the shades moving up and down to block out the glare. 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Yes the service in Blu was slow. The servers were all very nice and pleasant but at dinnertime weren't as attentive as one would expect. 

We were on the Edge three weeks ago in Aquaclass and both the service and food were superior to our experience on the Summit. I'm not sure why people need to have a view at Blu on the Edge. On the Summit it was dark and nothing to see at dinner time and in the morning the sun was so bright they had the shades moving up and down to block out the glare. 

We had asked one morning in Blu to have the shades lowered because we and the people at the table next to us were being blinded by the sun.  They were lowered, then within a few minutes, someone else raised them!  We asked to have them lowered again, and then a few minutes later they were back up!  My husband was about ready to walk out.

Today my husband told me about the difficulty he had at Cafe Al Bacio getting them to put the right amount of cream in his coffee--he asks for "a splash" and said he was ending up with latte-like coffee, even when he told them to stop pouring.  Pre-Covid, of course, that wasn't a concern since he could add his own.

Still a good cruise, but as I said, the service in most venues wasn't what we've come to expect. 

• Haha 1

The difference I've noticed is contract turnover.  Back in September and October, it was a well oiled team, now there are many new folks.  Doesn't  have the same rhythm.  But these new people are thrilled to be back working, too.  Nearly all my favorites are leaving in 2 weeks.  A few senior people have extended until January.  This is happening across the fleet.  X is bringing back people who have been waiting for their turn. They've all had a rough time. Give them a week or two.  They'll get there.

• Like 1