Ritz-Carlton News

New article in today's Wall Street Journal discusses Ritz-Carlton's owner Oaktree Capital Management "exploring raising fresh financing amid  construction delays and pandemic restrictions that repeatedly postponed a planned launch."  The article notes that Evrima is now expected to launch in May 2022, and that there has been no mention recently about the originally announced sister ships.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oaktrees-luxury-yacht-line-cruises-for-cash-following-pandemic-delays-11637685067?page=1

• Thanks 1

This whole Ritz-Carlton thing has been one false promise after another---not all of them attributable to Covid issues. I think you'd have to be nuts to put a deposit down until or unless a Ritz-Carlton ship has actually set sail. There are other, and more viable, small ship options out there.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

This whole Ritz-Carlton thing has been one false promise after another---not all of them attributable to Covid issues. I think you'd have to be nuts to put a deposit down until or unless a Ritz-Carlton ship has actually set sail. There are other, and more viable, small ship options out there.

Especially after the poor reviews of the Atlas Ocean Voyages start up cruises!  I would never book a new cruise line in its first year.

• 2 months later...

I’ll be very surprised it they ever begin operations. I’ve never seen  a half-assed operation such as RCY…a revolving door of executives, delay upon delay, a ship designed with absolutely nothing new or innovative…”it’s yacht-like!!!  Just like a dozen other ships in service, with no provisions for exploration cruising. In addition, their senior management is culled entirely from mass market lines,  none from luxury operators. Many early  execs fled when they realized the alleged “anti-agent” bias of the company.  Their philosophy seemed to be hotel driven…direct to consumers…in this case the RC data base. And a ship name that sounds like a cholesterol drug!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's now been announced that the Ritz-Carlton inaugural sailing is being pushed back yet again, by another two months.

Here's my advice to them:

Grab one or two of those mega-yachts that have been seized recently from Russian oligarchs and put them into immediate service. Hey, they've got experienced chefs and staff people and store rooms filled to overflowing with fine wines and Champagnes. The hell with the Emriva!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, jend** said:

Just got off the phone with Ritz - delayed again until Oct 15, 2022 😭I'm supposed to be on the Oct 29th sailing.

Hi @jend**, wondering if your October 29 sailing happened? We are considering booking for fall 2023, but I have been awaiting passenger reviews before booking. Would love to hear about your experiences if you were able to sail. 

• 1 month later...

I know its Trip Advisor, but the 9 reviews over there are miserable. Actually one is a glowing review - probably an employee. Inexperienced staff, low selection of options on food.  General disorganization   

We are looking at a summer 2024 cruise- reviews would have to really shape up for the kind of money they are asking 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, tfred said:

I know its Trip Advisor, but the 9 reviews over there are miserable. Actually one is a glowing review - probably an employee. Inexperienced staff, low selection of options on food.  General disorganization   

We are looking at a summer 2024 cruise- reviews would have to really shape up for the kind of money they are asking 

Interesting. Looks like they are having a hard time booking some sailings based on the emails and ads I’ve been getting. I’m surprised by how few customer reviews have appeared in forums like T.A. or here on CC. 

• Like 1