WORD TO THE WISE and FCC!

Keys Kathy

1 hour ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Thanks, but no thanks!  I do NOT wish to book 'Celebrity Air'!  I'm in Canada and (always) choose to book with Air Canada; with whom I've flown MANY times, with ABSOLUTELY) no 'issues' of any kind!  Celebrity Air to/from Canada would (likely be with 'Air Transat')!  No Thanks!

As Terry mentioned above, YOU pick the airline carrier to use with Celebrity Air. I saved over $300 booking my Air Canada Nov flight to Miami and am saving $250 on my April 2022 flight. There are no fees (unlike the $60 the travel agent dinged you on a cruise booking). 

21 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

As Terry mentioned above, YOU pick the airline carrier to use with Celebrity Air. I saved over $300 booking my Air Canada Nov flight to Miami and am saving $250 on my April 2022 flight. There are no fees (unlike the $60 the travel agent dinged you on a cruise booking). 

One other huge advantage, you can change or cancel flights at any time with no fees and you do not pay for the air until final payment. We are using HAL Flight Ease, which works like Celebrity Air for our business class tickets to Copenhagen, returning from Athens next August for our 2 cruises. It saved us $500pp on what we could book ourselves and we do not pay for the air until FP next May.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:41 PM, SusieV said:

This happened to my parents who booked with that big travel agency that everyone has complaints about lately. They are definitely not getting the correct 125% FCC that they're owed and because we had no idea that when you upgrade a cabin they have to remove the FCC and reissue (WHY this makes no sense!) it now seems some of the FCC has disappeared again and I don't know if they're up for another fight about it.

I'm having trouble getting the Black Friday Deal through my big box TA. Can you tell me about what people are complaining about? This was the 1st cruise I've ever booked and I still can't tell if going through the big box TA was a wise decision or not.

27 minutes ago, dgoz said:

I'm having trouble getting the Black Friday Deal through my big box TA. Can you tell me about what people are complaining about? This was the 1st cruise I've ever booked and I still can't tell if going through the big box TA was a wise decision or not.

I suspect that your "big box TA" and the one to which @SusieV is referring are NOT the same. I've been using a/the big box TA for a number of years and have been very satisfied.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dgoz said:

Have you paid anything to your TA or is this a totally new booking?  If I were you, I would ask for a supervisor or I'd find a new TA in the big box or a totally new company.  Why do you have to keep asking the big box TA to get something done?

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

Have you paid anything to your TA or is this a totally new booking?  If I were you, I would ask for a supervisor or I'd find a new TA in the big box or a totally new company.  Why do you have to keep asking the big box TA to get something done?

I spoke too soon! He called me today and got me the deal.

11 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I suspect that your "big box TA" and the one to which @SusieV is referring are NOT the same. I've been using a/the big box TA for a number of years and have been very satisfied.

I actually have been pretty impressed with how quickly they get back to me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 5:42 AM, terrydtx said:

Have you even looked at Celebrity Air online? You pick the airlines, the routes, the times, and the flights just like you can with any online booking tool. If you want to fly Air Canada you can choose Air CanadaAir Canada does show up as an available airline, even in flights from the U.S. CA has saved us hundreds of $ in airfare costs. You even get your air miles with CA and once booked you can upgrade with miles on most airlines. Don't be so quick to blast something before you have looked or used it.

Exactly- my flights are with Canada Air. 😉

35 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

After final payment if the cruise is cancelled does the Celebrity Air I purchased included  in the FCC credit or is it refunded to my credit card as someone on here said port fees are?

Personal experience it is refunded to your original forms of payment, not a fCC.

Another reason why I use my TA. Last night at 7:40pm my time I saw online that a cabin we wanted became available for our 2023 Apex cruise.  I sent my TA a email about it and at 8:15 I got back a confirmation that she had switched it. That kind of service is why I do not book direct with cruise lines.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Another reason why I use my TA. Last night at 7:40pm my time I saw online that a cabin we wanted became available for our 2023 Apex cruise.  I sent my TA a email about it and at 8:15 I got back a confirmation that she had switched it. That kind of service is why I do not book direct with cruise lines.

Hey my TA did that too.  Except I was the only one in Aqua class.  Still it's nice to get a cabin you like.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:01 AM, GeriatricNurse said:

Thanks, but no thanks!  I do NOT wish to book 'Celebrity Air'!  I'm in Canada and (always) choose to book with Air Canada; with whom I've flown MANY times, with ABSOLUTELY) no 'issues' of any kind!  Celebrity Air to/from Canada would (likely be with 'Air Transat')!  No Thanks!

You can choose to book your airfare with whichever airline and flights you want, for whatever days you want. The great thing is if something goes wrong with your flights, Celebrity sorts it out, not you while in transit.

10 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

You can choose to book your airfare with whichever airline and flights you want, for whatever days you want. The great thing is if something goes wrong with your flights, Celebrity sorts it out, not you while in transit.

I would have used Celebrity Air but I had a Delta credit that I needed to use.  And my husband had miles/points.

• Like 1