LIVE REVIEW: NCL Escape (7-night PCV, COZ, OCHO, GSC)

drumexpert510

We used facial recognition throughout the entire cruise.  They set it up the first time you board and then used it getting on and off the ship each time.  Still take your key card with you since you need it to get through the guard area on the pier if at ports.  But on the actual ship, it was facial recognition.

Good morning everyone, hope you are all rested and ready for a big day of reading and looking at pictures. 

The NCL Escape is currently underway to Cozumel Mexico but today is a sea day. I will have some deck and pool photos and my thoughts about it. Also coming up very shortly there will be some buffet photos and review and spa photos and review. 

For the person who asked about capacity, it is right around 1600.

stay tuned and keep your questions coming. 

• Like 4

Breakfast buffet this morning was on par with NCL usual standards. I wasn’t blown away but it was good. The buffet here on the Escape is on 16 aft and take up nearly half the ship. Having just got off the Disney Magic with an extremely small buffet, this one is huge… think of a giant “U” shape and with a lot of different options. There is also a bar here doing mimosas, etc. You can’t go wrong starting your day here!

E42E8A8F-C31C-41BA-85B3-5244744B1D5C.jpeg

7E5D405C-4A87-4070-B74D-BEBD0AAEF958.jpeg

B569A3FA-A91B-4EE5-828E-CBF3EC91C059.jpeg

138E8F25-9A1E-4412-8933-02CF51630667.jpeg

649524D6-F91A-4C7A-B5FC-A77B06C66169.jpeg

CB95B2F2-F641-483D-9C4C-C4431ADBD9D5.jpeg

0EE92D54-9591-476C-B8C9-F2D92A12E46A.jpeg

6EF5CE0A-40B1-4351-B734-9E2B6B597F9C.jpeg

• Like 7

@drumexpert510 what a great review and photos so far. DH is drooling over the district brew tap menu (nothing new lol).

14 hours ago, Shidah said:

We just got off today.  Our capacity was 1900. The bartender in vibe reported for this week it was 1600.  Have a great time!  We 100% loved our cruise!  

What do you mean by "Our capacity was 1900"?

Was that just capacity in the Haven or Vibe? Because the passenger capacity on the escape is 4,266 and neither NCL or the CDC are limiting it to 1,900. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@drumexpert510 what a great review and photos so far. DH is drooling over the district brew tap menu (nothing new lol).

What do you mean by "Our capacity was 1900"?

Was that just capacity in the Haven or Vibe? Because the passenger capacity on the escape is 4,266 and neither NCL or the CDC are limiting it to 1,900. 

No, there are only 1600 guests on board currently max 

13 hours ago, closecruiser said:

Did they have most of those available?   I know some bars on other ships didn’t have a lot of what was on the menu.  

There was only one that was not available but they said they are replacing it in Cozumel. Sooo all beers will be available on the list as of now. 

Thanks for the review so far.  WE have 2 Spa balcony cabins booked for Dec 22 on Escape.  Last time we were on Vibe was $99 for the week.  What is it now?  Have you been in the Spa?  If so please provide your opinion.  Finally which specialty restaurants are you doing?   

32 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

No, there are only 1600 guests on board currently max 

Sorry, I didn't realize the Escape just returned to service last week. According to Del Rio at the earnings call, he would place no passenger limits after a ship was back in service for 60 days (the cdc doesn't place capacity limits). So you are still in the initial phase of revamping ~ that makes sense to allow full capacity by Christmas. Keep on enjoying 🙂

Any requests on what to review next? We have Choir of Man tonight, Moderno and will be going to the Spa later. 

For now, let’s talk about Cagneys… We had a reservation last night for 7pm, prime dinner time. We walk in and out of 50ish tables there are only about 4-5 sat. Very empty BUT because of this, very good and prompt service AND some of the best food I have ever had in a Cagneys. 

I had the French Onion and Filet. The person I was with had the Ceaser and Filet. We both culminated with my favorite dessert on any NCL ship… the raspberry Creme brûlée.

(Side note, they no longer have the waygu sliders but have brought back the creamed spinach from the old menu.) Very sad about the sliders. Also, I have got the lobster upgrade before and found it to be a very small tail and not worth it so I did not go for it this time. 

The filet was amazing, tender and perfectly cooked. When paired with the peppercorn sauce, you can’t go wrong. Highly recommend 10/10!

B83F4481-9CE6-4F6D-97F1-0746CB00A088.jpeg

EAAA082D-D82F-404A-95F1-FE396C45C583.jpeg

D02F182B-7C46-4E75-ACDD-9329289D6744.jpeg

AFB6CC05-D04F-4520-A474-A93DC242F7D5.jpeg

E51BF86B-5A9B-484F-94E0-E72CB875F829.jpeg

DEB6A06D-138D-4514-932E-37209C2A879A.jpeg

D9AFD112-6BE0-4902-AE1B-E5235E44DF50.jpeg

• Like 6

Not much to add to this thread, but some of my observations.

• check in and Covid testing was very easy. We decided to do a 1430 checkin and take it easy and it was a breeze. Only hiccup was the covid board, stopped working. 2 of us got texts, 2 didn't and eventually we were let through as a block.
  • walked all over ship last night, it was dead, it was really nice
  • busier today, lots of walkers on jog track at 7am. had whole basketball court to myself with a football (soccer) for an hour
  • food at garden cafe is great (but Encore was better), English bacon!
  • washy washy really stepped the game up, we're serenaded now to weird al worthy crew singing "wash your hands" to jingle bells
  • Manchester United v Chelsea switched over to NFL games not even started, 10 mins before end of the game, and crew blamed the bridge!
  • Big bad. The daily has info on offers at Tradewinds, it's false. They actually printed out a new daily at some point. Felt like we were lured there under false pretenses. Crew blamed Miami making errors on the daily.
  • Staff are absolutely marvellous
  • The captain sounds little like Blofeld in Her Majesties Secret Service, hypnotizing you with his little chat on the intercom!

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, 

we have smooth seas and MOSTLY sunny skies (despite some rain last night). We were in Cozumel Mexico yesterday and I would love to share with you our experience.

We docked in Punta Langosta, where NCL usually docks. Once off the ship, you have a decent walk down the pier to the mall that they make you walk through before you can exit through the street. There are some retailers there with some good prices and is definitely a good opportunity to buy some gifts for the holidays right now. 

Once out of the mall, we traveled down to Paradise Beach and got their all-inclusive class. Now first off, I have been to several of the all-inclusive beaches in Cozumel. Paradise Beach is by far my favorite. They have a giant pool, tons of lounge seating with umbrellas, the staff of very friendly and attentive and their water inflatables are in great shape. Despite a recent price increase for them it is still a great value, for $58 you get their all-inclusive package which allows you all the food and drinks you want throughout the day and for only $10 extra you can add on the fun pass which includes the water inflatables and kayaks/ paddle boards. 

I would recommend heading here if you are looking for a fun relaxing day with out breaking the bank. I would give Paradise Beach 7/10.

452C0356-FCCA-4884-ADB3-A0B928F952A2.jpeg

B3FD5817-E130-4B2D-BCC4-75138F701A50.jpeg

F2BE2D33-9E1B-46EA-8398-C06B8D04EFE8.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks so much for your reviews.  We are looking forward to this same itinerary (hopefully plus Grand Cayman) on the Escape in February, so we’re reading all the reviews we can get our hands on.

We’d love a look at the Freestyle dailies if you be willing to post them.  

Thanks again for what you’ve shared so far!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, jcollin said:

Thanks for the review so far.  WE have 2 Spa balcony cabins booked for Dec 22 on Escape.  Last time we were on Vibe was $99 for the week.  What is it now?  Have you been in the Spa?  If so please provide your opinion.  Finally which specialty restaurants are you doing?   

The cost of The Vibe is now $209 per person. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

Once out of the mall, we traveled down to Paradise Beach and got their all-inclusive class. Now first off, I have been to several of the all-inclusive beaches in Cozumel. Paradise Beach is by far my favorite. They have a giant pool, tons of lounge seating with umbrellas, the staff of very friendly and attentive and their water inflatables are in great shape. Despite a recent price increase for them it is still a great value, for $58 you get their all-inclusive package which allows you all the food and drinks you want throughout the day and for only $10 extra you can add on the fun pass which includes the water inflatables and kayaks/ paddle boards. 

I would recommend heading here if you are looking for a fun relaxing day with out breaking the bank. I would give Paradise Beach 7/10.

We have been to Paradise Beach twice before and was thinking of going  somewhere else this time.  Even though it is your favorite, you rate it a 7/10.  May I ask what is keeping you from giving it a higher number?

Enjoying reading your thread.