*Do you have to wear a mask on the pool deck when your laying out in the sun?*

Dalton51

On 12/2/2021 at 8:24 AM, groundloop said:

I was on Magic in September, and saw that roughly a third of the people in shows and the comedy club were either unmasked, wearing masks as chin diapers, or uncovering their nose.

I was on Pride last week and on several occasions well over half of the people in the theatre and comedy club were ignoring masking rules, despite the fact that repeated announcements were made reminding people to mask up.

I guess Carnival needs to get a bit more proactive with enforcing their policies, or else admit that these policies don't matter to them.  They actively enforce no-smoking areas, why is it such a stretch to have a couple of people available in the theatre and clubs to politely enforce the masking rules?

Yeah i guess i should have specified that we kept out of those places. We didn't go into the comedy club or the main theater because we had our kid with us so i guess that probably had something to do with us not seeing many offenders.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

In all my born days (The day I was born 🙂 ) I've never, ever noticed more careless people on cruise ships than I have before Covid came to be. Best policy, be safe for the best and the rest of your life 👍

On 12/1/2021 at 10:01 PM, day-day said:

This made me curious so I checked another cruise line's site; here is what is stated in FAQ's for Royal Caribbean.  

Below are current mask policies. We are continually evaluating mask policies as public health standards and government regulations evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements for their port of departure before sailing.

This guidance is for all guests age 2 and up. Guests under the age of 2 do not need to wear a mask.

Masks are NOT required to be worn:

• In open-air areas of the ship, unless you are in a crowded setting
  • In the pool or any activity where they may become wet
  • At venues designated for vaccinated guests only, such as select bars, lounges, restaurants and shows
  • In your stateroom when you are with your traveling party
  • While visiting our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless you are in a crowded setting
  • By any guest under the age of 2

Masks ARE required to be worn:

• While indoors onboard the ship, unless seated and actively eating or drinking
  • While visiting public ports of call, where local regulations may require them 

I have a friend who in October sailed with RCL and then just 3 weeks ago sailed on Virgin and both she said once she was on board the ship she never put one on again, only to disembark the ship.  And she is a rule follower so its not like she was breaking the rules, none of the crew approached anyone to put a mask on inside the ship or even the dining room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCL is 100% vaccinated and no masks, yet had at least 10 cases on a recent cruise. Statistics will say 10 is not many, unless, of course, you happen to be 1 of the 10. I understand NCL then tested everyone on the ship and sent passengers home with a test kit to use in a few days.

Virgin has changed a little - if you have been to one of 8 countries where omicron is present within the past 14 days, you are required to wear a mask when not in your cabin. And required to be test on day 3 of the cruise. Never say never.

I don't know of a cruise line where the crew isn't wearing masks in public areas.

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Thats going to start all over again in a few days, keep count. Carnivals not giving results on Covid cases much? But it's out there ! Just had a friend that passed away a week back from covid .  Not a good sign for sure.

The CDC keeps track. Cruise lines are required by law to report to the CDC. The CDC did release numbers not long ago, but didn't break down by cruise line.