Is there a way to request (bid) for an upgrade?

IamJPT

14 minutes ago, IamJPT said:

I have been looking in my planner and do not see anything.

In addition to Royal Up, keep making mock bookings to see the cost of a self-upgrade - sometimes that may be less than the min bid via Royal Up.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IamJPT said:

Thanks for the link 😊

it does not seem to recognize my last name and reservation number. Nothing is ever easy with rccl IT !,,

Did you use a TA? Some TA's, for instance a certain big box warehouse store, do not participate so their customers are ineligible to bid.

1 hour ago, IamJPT said:

it does not seem to recognize my last name and reservation number.

Also try the second name on the booking if it's different than yours. Your sailing may not yet be available for Royal Up or whichever way you booked is not eligible. You can also check in the Roll Call thread to see if others on your sailing have been able to bid.

Are the minimum bids different for different people? Saw one person here(forgot what cruise ship it was and length) but they got a royal up for $50 and it was accepted. Minimums for my upcoming allure cruise were 270 per person for jr suite, 500ish one bedroom grand, 600ish min for 2 bedroom and 700ish for owners sweet. Put in bids for all of them and haven't heard yes or no. Assuming it will be a no. 

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No. 

I thought the double points would be the same as the original category booked...so if you go from balcony to anything above you would only get the points from the balcony category...on an Up Bid....right?

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I thought the double points would be the same as the original category booked...so if you go from balcony to anything above you would only get the points from the balcony category...on an Up Bid....right?

From what I understand you are correct. Royal up does't get you any extra points. Just the category you booked to begin with. 

11 minutes ago, blackjack24 said:

From what I understand you are correct. Royal up does't get you any extra points. Just the category you booked to begin with. 

Yes...I knew this but put it in the form of a question.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

That’s why I said it is not affected, it stays the same. I assumed the poster was worried that any Royal Up may lead to loss of the double points promo that ended in September. 

• Like 1