NCL Breakaway Entertainment NOLA Departures 2021-2022

seemoreroyals

How was the entertainment on the Breakaway for those who just returned from the inaugural 2021 NOLA cruise.   We plan to get in as much as possible when we sail 12/5 - 12/12.   Would appreciate any comments on main shows,  comedy club,  Syd Norman's Pour House, and any of the other various lounge entertainers onboard.  We are also planning to watch the Red Velvet dinner show.  If anyone has seen that,  any comments on the show and quality of the dinner that comes with it would be appreciated as well.  

Hope everyone just getting back had a great cruise.  Look forward to hearing your responses.  

We were on the Breakaway Oct. 24-31.  SIX is fabulous; we went back a second time.  You'd pay hundreds of dollars a ticket to see this on Broadway; don't miss it on the Breakaway.   Don't know if the band 876Konnect is still on board but if they are, don't miss them.  The lead singer is terrific.  And Leo from the old days on the Gem was aboard, and likely still is.  Excellent entertainer singing songs people want to hear (and sing along to).   Nice music from the Watson Duo as well.

And if the Cruise Director and his staff do something called Movie Visual Sketch Trivia, it's an absolute don't miss.  One of the funniest things we've ever seen.  Spit up funny.

You didn't ask about dining, but I want to give a shout out to the Manhattan MDR.  Fantastic staff and service, and excellent food.  

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I remember Leo!  (It's been such a long time)

We are really looking forward to enjoying Six and the other music around the ship.  Syd Norman's Pour house sounds fun too.

Does anyone know if they have the walk-up up window at Ocean Blue is open on Sea days?  We loved the Lobster rolls.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, Sand and Seas said:

I think I remember Leo!  (It's been such a long time)

We are really looking forward to enjoying Six and the other music around the ship.  Syd Norman's Pour house sounds fun too.

Does anyone know if they have the walk-up up window at Ocean Blue is open on Sea days?  We loved the Lobster rolls.

Pour House band was AMAZING!! We were on the NY-NO cruise Nov 7th.  Once people realized how good they were there was a line to get in before the doors opened!!  Such a great band, great chemistry and the bartender in there is amazing too.  

Yes, Ocean Blue had the walk-up window on our cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We're going to be on the 5th sailing as well. I know when we went on Breakaway last time it was here (3 years ago) Syd Normans was the place to be. Don't think people realized it yet as we could get in most nights. Then we went on Getaway a year later and you couldn't wedge into there it was so packed.

My wife wants to see Six so we'll be trying for that as well.

3 hours ago, Juncti said:

We're going to be on the 5th sailing as well. I know when we went on Breakaway last time it was here (3 years ago) Syd Normans was the place to be. Don't think people realized it yet as we could get in most nights. Then we went on Getaway a year later and you couldn't wedge into there it was so packed.

My wife wants to see Six so we'll be trying for that as well.

We are on the 12/12 sailing. FYI the SIX show is fantastic. We saw it here in 2019 and from here MN was headed to Broadway and then COVID.  May have opened there by now.

One more positive note on Six.  We saw it on the Breakaway in October, it was fantastic. We wanted to see it the next day, but our dinner schedule messed that up. We want to go see it on Broadway eventually!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

We told Leo we’d seen him many times on the Gem, going back many years. He was delighted to hear that. 

He was so much fun. After the first night he called us his "Michigan Gang" when he saw us coming (he had a few different "gangs" 🙂).  He's definitely a great entertainer.  I hope to get to see him again sometime.

2016-12-10 21-02-272 1.jpg

• Like 1