Are there ice buckets in all staterooms???

yes all of the rooms have ice buckets...but you can also bring along a soft sided cooler and have your cabin attendent keep filling it with ice...i was lucky enough to have a cabin steward even bring me a coleman cooler a couple of yrs back on RCCL...getting ice in your cabin will never be an issue...

All rooms have these small metal ice buckets that can't even hold a can of soda. I had to call room service and order a huge bucket of ice and kept the big bucket and had our attendent keep it filled. At least with the big bucket you could actually put 3 to 4 cans of beer in it to chill. Some ships have Fridges in the staterooms but they don't keep anything cold just gives it a slight chill.

The last few cruises on the Explorer & Voyager we haven't had them. We talked to the girl at guest relations and they said they only put them in every other cabin. You have a %50 of getting one. If you're sailing with family next door you'll be able to share.

I also heard that on Western sailings they put them in even cabins and on Eastern ones they put them in odd.

Chris

Actually, I can confirm what Grizzy stated earlier. I just returned from the Western run on the Navigator of the Seas and had an odd numbered cabin, so we didn't have an ice bucket in our room. We mentioned to our cabin steward that we had some sodas that we wanted to keep on ice, and he stated that there was a new policy being put in place where he would take our drinks back to his cabin and keep the in a cooler. Then, when we wanted something to drink, we would simple call him in his room to have them delivered or look for him out in the hallway in case he was making up rooms.

Beachgirl:

Was on the Mariner, deck 7 Interior cabin. Had an ice bucket if you call it that. It only held enough ice for two glasses, and that's if you got there right after filling, it melted very fast!!!!

But yes there was one...I'd recommend a cooler of some kind!!!

Archived