Royal's ships 2023/24

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It could even be a place holder for something else if Voyager doesn’t come.

Spectrum or even Navigator might be due for another dry dock around then.

Musical chairs is the least likely outcome.

No mention of Lelepa.

Royal Caribbean boosting tourism in Vanuatu

Vanuatu

South Pacific Nation Vanuatu and Royal Caribbean Group have formalized an agreement to boost cruise tourism in the area.

The agreement allows Royal Caribbean to share research with the Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO), a significant step in developing tourism and economic growth for Vanuatu.

The agreement allows Royal Caribbean to share research with the Vanuatu Tourism Office (VTO), a significant step in developing tourism and economic growth for Vanuatu.

Gavin Smith, Vice President and Managing Director for Royal Caribbean International AUNZ, said: “We are delighted to support Vanuatu’s economic growth through cruise tourism. We are proud of our longstanding partnership with the Vanuatu Government and are excited to deepen our collaboration with the Vanuatu Tourism Office.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The cost of those school supplies is a bit less than the cost of a resort at Lelepa. That should show up well on the bottom line. 🤑

I thought it was a big announcement.

Probably as big as the announcement that Carnival group will only serve Bacon every second day,because they can’t afford it .

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I thought it was a big announcement.

Probably as big as the announcement that Carnival group will only serve Bacon every second day,because they can’t afford it .

Just buffet bacon.

I love the idea of community support, but it seems a bit like a Perfect Day lay mission.

A bit like the comm bank with those school bankbooks. Get into the schools, and in 10 years time they will be running the Lelepa resort.

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Just buffet bacon.

So what culinary delights does Carnival serve on the odd days,SPAM ?

Apparently it’s world wide not just Australia .

R,C food isn’t much better. It used to be on port days,let’s save our appetite for when we get back to the ship.

Now we are finding that port days are to find some decent food.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So what culinary delights does Carnival serve on the odd days,SPAM ?

Apparently it’s world wide not just Australia .

R,C food isn’t much better. It used to be on port days,let’s save our appetite for when we get back to the ship.

Now we are finding that port days are to find some decent food.

I don't know about the off days, I don't buffet breakfast unless there is no other option. I would imagine links snags and maybe Canadian Ham. No bacon would make it a pancake morning for me.

How good would it be to have a grill full of cold cuts? I don't think Carnival could ever serve spam on Splendor ever again, as there could be too much PTSD

Carnival Splendor cruise passengers dine on Spam and Pop-Tarts | World news | The Guardian

On 8/29/2024 at 8:33 AM, springaussie said:

LAX or Alaska.

If Royal is doing dry docks for ships over 20 years every 3 years Navigator will be due Easter 2027.

if it is every 2 1/2 years Navigator and Voyager will be both need a dry dock visit during the Oz season 26/27.

Tahiti only has Anthem and Celebrity Edge doing the trans Pacific for the 26-27 season.

What ever ship Brisbane has ,must be going to Asia over 2026 winter .

IMG_1675.thumb.png.7879362e5d062d2d9112b8d6ea74fd2a.png

Edited by Chiliburn

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Tahiti only has Anthem and Celebrity Edge doing the trans Pacific for the 26-27 season.

What ever ship Brisbane has ,must be going to Asia over 2026 winter .

IMG_1675.thumb.png.7879362e5d062d2d9112b8d6ea74fd2a.png

When Explorer was on the Oz/Alaska route it didn’t go to Tahiti. Maybe Voyager will do the same. Lelepa, Suva Hawaii, Hi Lo , Maui Seattle. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, springaussie said:

When Explorer was on the Oz/Alaska route it didn’t go to Tahiti. Maybe Voyager will do the same. Lelepa, Suva Hawaii, Hi Lo , Maui Seattle. 

Are they likely to ever try a Singapore - Japan - Alaska route?

Edited by arxcards

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Are they likely to ever try a Singapore - Japan - Alaska route?

Geoff

Royal are doing that already with Quantum, Anthem and Ovation over the next 18 months. 
Or did you mean doing a few Alaska ports with the Japan to Seattle/Vancouver portion? 

2 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Geoff

Royal are doing that already with Quantum, Anthem and Ovation over the next 18 months. 
Or did you mean doing a few Alaska ports with the Japan to Seattle/Vancouver portion? 

Sort of. I hadn't taken much notice of what Royal was doing with their transpacifics. Just that missing Hawaii and/or Tahiti port bookings no longer count when trying to confirm a transpacific relocation, with more looking at the Northern route. The last Luminosa relocation was from Seattle (or was it Vancouver) up into Alaska, then across to some Japanese ports on their way to Australia. This option is becoming more popular, especially with the boutique Tahitian ports being removed from the itineraries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

Actually,Solstice does that run . If it is Voyager,that’s what it could do .

I was thinking they might home port a Voyager class in Vancouver but apparently it’s a bit tall to get under the bridge there on high tide .

Is there a port a bit south of Seattle to home port Voyager because Seattle is pretty well at capacity.

Brisbane has a new date for Voyager 14 April 2026. This the same date as the last date for Anthem from Sydney for the 25/26 season. 
A extra 8 night cruise for Brisbane 06 - 14 April 2026 for Voyager. Not on sale yet. 
watch this space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie

looking at Voyager’s last technical dry dock.

Do you think it might be due after the 25-26 season?

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2022/01/strong-start-for-cruise-ship-drydocks-in-2022/

Voyager is gong into dry dock in October before the Trans Atlantic 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Voyager is gong into dry dock in October before the Trans Atlantic 

Correct. She must have her 5yr technical drydock between July & November this year. This should have been already expired, but they did get an extension due to covid layup. Nice big gap in her itineraries in Oct/Nov.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 2:58 PM, fairywren said:

Someone on fb is saying RC has told them it’s sold out. Hard to believe more than a year out and with the uncertainty of world politics.

I called them the other day and the fella said,you wouldn’t believe the calls we get about voyager Rome to Singapore.

He said it’s sold out solid and is still planned as scheduled,which I find hard to believe.
There’s plenty of cabins on the Singapore to Brisbane leg and there’s even cabins available on Quantum in 2 months time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I called them the other day and the fella said,you wouldn’t believe the calls we get about voyager Rome to Singapore.

He said it’s sold out solid and is still planned as scheduled,which I find hard to believe.
There’s plenty of cabins on the Singapore to Brisbane leg and there’s even cabins available on Quantum in 2 months time.

Same thing happened on Anthem Chilli!

Royal told people the same crap.

Are they going to guarantee your airfares and hotel purchases?

No they will not.

Just the $450 USD copy and paste offer for cancellation of cruises on airfares. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Same thing happened on Anthem Chilli!

Royal told people the same crap.

Are they going to guarantee your airfares and hotel purchases?

No they will not.

Just the $450 USD copy and paste offer for cancellation of cruises on airfares. 

Yeah, I won’t be rushing to book airfares.

I wish the would be upfront and we can book something else.

So any news on the dry dock? Do you think they will finish painting the ceiling in the suite lounge?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Yeah, I won’t be rushing to book airfares.

I wish the would be upfront and we can book something else.

So any news on the dry dock? Do you think they will finish painting the ceiling in the suite lounge?

No news on Voyager dry dock Phil.

Ask your travel agent to ring the Royal Sales Representative and tell him you are concerned about booking air fares and accommodation because you don’t trust Miami. 

On 8/30/2024 at 6:31 AM, springaussie said:

No mention of Lelepa.

This week on the Serenade of the Seas Ultimate World Cruise, CEO Michael Bayley suggested 2026 or 2027 for a South Pacific Royal Beach Club - possible connection with Lelepa? Refer 36:06:

• Like 2