Disappointed with Marella

I think they rely on people checking their website regularly, under the areas 'Cruise with Confidence' and  'Travel with Confidence' which for bookings made online, is referred to in the original booking confirmation email I received.

Edited by howmuch!

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

I think they rely on people checking their website regularly, under the areas 'Cruise with Confidence' and  'Travel with Confidence' which for bookings made online, is referred to in the original booking confirmation email I received.

And so do all the other cruise lines but they have the courtesy to send an email saying they have things under control / taking measures etc.

The TUI testing bundles have fallen apart causing confusion over the test required. 

1 hour ago, Rebel Rouser said:

You Can post your kit.

And your point? 

That does not answer the lack of information / support to its customers.

On the point of "dropping of in store". How you are supposed to be in isolation not going shopping!

MX-Drew totally agree, we’re cruising from Barbados 12th and you have to go through a labyrinth of links to find out you need a PCR to enter Barbados, also Chronomics website has changed again today and now still shows dual LFT package which is incorrect to board the ship and re enter the UK.

I wait to be proved wrong but I don’t think anyone will ask to see the PCR test in Barbados as we’re not going through the airport also returning watching 100s come through airports and no one asking if they have booked a test for the next two days.

I called Tui reps last week they knew nothing can’t even tell us if you can get off the ship without an organised tour. They’re also keeping quiet about  on board testing and being positive locking you in your room for your 4K.
starting to wish we’d just cancelled 

They have not updated their offering yet ....

Chronomics are great (cheap) when things work ok, but have zero customer service when things are not quite right, so it may take them a while to update their website

However from others postings they will offer an upgrade to a day 2 PCR but it will cost more as they actually have to do something (all of the  Lateral Flows are self certifying so costs Chronomics very little)

4 minutes ago, Jh1968 said:

MX-Drew totally agree, we’re cruising from Barbados 12th and you have to go through a labyrinth of links to find out you need a PCR to enter Barbados, also Chronomics website has changed again today and now still shows dual LFT package which is incorrect to board the ship and re enter the UK.

I wait to be proved wrong but I don’t think anyone will ask to see the PCR test in Barbados as we’re not going through the airport also returning watching 100s come through airports and no one asking if they have booked a test for the next two days.

I called Tui reps last week they knew nothing can’t even tell us if you can get off the ship without an organised tour. They’re also keeping quiet about  on board testing and being positive locking you in your room for your 4K.

I think you will have to provide you PCR test results at the UK outbound airport and on return the barcode from the day 2 test is required on the UK passenger locator form.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jh1968 said:

I wait to be proved wrong but I don’t think anyone will ask to see the PCR test in Barbados as we’re not going through the airport......

also returning watching 100s come through airports and no one asking if they have booked a test for the next two days.

Government have outsourced the responsibility of this to the Airlines - £10k - £20k per passenger fine it they don't check every passenger before allowing to board

So....

1:    TUI will not let you board the plane to Barbados without sight of your PCR test result 

2:    Border Force at UK Airport are not there to check your test booking (other than the very occasional random stop)  You put your Day 2 PCR Booking number on your PLF form that you have to fill out.  again TUI will not let you board the plane without seeing this.   

What I dont know is if Gov.Uk cross reference the number you put in the form or not before 'approving' your PLF. 

I do know that Gov.uk do not check you actually undertake the test and are not automatically informed if you test positive - it is your responsibility to tell Track and Trace of your positive result.

Edited by ferretktf

6 minutes ago, ferretktf said:

They have not updated their offering yet ....

Chronomics are great (cheap) when things work ok, but have zero customer service when things are not quite right, so it may take them a while to update their website

However from others postings they will offer an upgrade to a day 2 PCR but it will cost more as they actually have to do something (all of the  Lateral Flows are self certifying so costs Chronomics very little)

I agree they are cheap, that is not my point. My point is TUI / Marella is way behind the ball on this.

Thanks for the info agree with both points doesn’t take much for TUi to issue a blanket wide courtesy email with latest information about their preferred testing partner, their poor travel advisors must be inundated with calls.

Marellas cruise age Demi graph would suggest a lot will go wrong at airports and ships, customer service isn’t just about web links and payment methods.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

Chronomics have finally sorted the package for the Canaries cruises.

Pre departure lateral flow test, and return day 2 PCR test = £50

Their website has been corrected from what I can see

Didn't take them long at all.

They have put the price up thought from £45 (£15 + £30) to £50. 

Edited by MX-Drew

On 12/1/2021 at 7:20 PM, Jh1968 said:

They ask for it when you go through immigration in the port, along with your LFT and NHS tests. Try and print everything off as the wifi in the shed doesn't always work.

It was a nightmare, we sat on the bus for 2hrs  just waiting to go into the tin shed!!

We had 2 LFT tests on board (14th - 29th Nov), which were free, one of which was on the penultimate day.

On 12/1/2021 at 5:27 PM, Rebel Rouser said:

Screenshot 2021-12-01 165502.jpg

This is an update from Chronomics website.

TUI store's are no longer be accepting sample Drop Off's
- If you've purchased a Fit to Fly test as part of your TUI package - please click here and fill out the refund request form at the bottom of the page.
- If you have a Day 2 (PCR) test that needs to be sent to the lab, please use the return label provided in your kit. If you don't have your returns label, please contact us for a replacement.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, MX-Drew said:

This is an update from Chronomics website.

TUI store's are no longer be accepting sample Drop Off's
- If you've purchased a Fit to Fly test as part of your TUI package - please click here and fill out the refund request form at the bottom of the page.
- If you have a Day 2 (PCR) test that needs to be sent to the lab, please use the return label provided in your kit. If you don't have your returns label, please contact us for a replacement.

Updated facts yesterday.

Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated customers aged 12 and over now need to take an antigen (rapid flow) or PCR test within the 48 hours before their flight back to the UK departs. For Marella Cruises customers sailing before the end of February 2022, we’ll be providing this antigen (rapid flow) test onboard free of charge – this is with the exception of Cruise and Stay customers, who'll need to source their own test.

All vaccinated customers, and those aged 5 and over, now need to take a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival in the UK, and will need to self-isolate until they receive a negative test result. This PCR test can be taken at any time after you land back in the UK, as long as it's taken within 48 hours of your return. To reduce your self-isolation period, we recommend taking your PCR test as early as possible. Chronomics have now updated their packages to include this PCR test.

27 minutes ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Updated facts yesterday.

Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated customers aged 12 and over now need to take an antigen (rapid flow) or PCR test within the 48 hours before their flight back to the UK departs. For Marella Cruises customers sailing before the end of February 2022, we’ll be providing this antigen (rapid flow) test onboard free of charge – this is with the exception of Cruise and Stay customers, who'll need to source their own test.

All vaccinated customers, and those aged 5 and over, now need to take a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival in the UK, and will need to self-isolate until they receive a negative test result. This PCR test can be taken at any time after you land back in the UK, as long as it's taken within 48 hours of your return. To reduce your self-isolation period, we recommend taking your PCR test as early as possible. Chronomics have now updated their packages to include this PCR test.

Sorry but this is old news now.