Must haves for on flight and during extended sea days (7 in a row) on cruise?

sparkygirlfamily

We are taking my 11 year old daughter to Antartica, we have about 27 hours of travel time from departure to arrival at port city.  The cruise is 14 days with 7 sea days in a row due to a port call being canceled by COVID restrictions.  I am anticipating the kids club will be closed and wanting to bring items to keep her entertained in our cabin or on the sports court.  What are your must haves?  

Edited by sparkygirlfamily

• sparkygirlfamily changed the title to Must haves for on flight and during extended sea days (7 in a row) on cruise?

Have a Headset for that tablet - she can listen to whatever music, movies, games she wants without disturbing anyone around here (came in very handy on our last cruise - once the child was done eating - was permitted to go on his tablet while we had a leisurely meal).

Sounds like an amazing trip! In preparation for our first cruise as a family, I've taught my kids (ages 6 and 10) some card games likes Hearts and War that we can play together. Target has a some nice playing cards this holiday season from a company called Buffalo. My kids also like playing chess and we have a travel set. I'm hoping that's something we can do on board as well. Bon Voyage!