Not taking a cell phone

ready2cruzagain

You can get a copy of the menus in any venue.  They’re just not readily available as they have codes on signs that you scan with your phone.  It’s not a problem if you’d rather not  - you won’t be alone, either.  

You can also get a printed copy of the dailies from GS or ask your steward to provide you with one each day, as you won’t get them, otherwise 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

You can get a copy of the menus in any venue.  They’re just not readily available as they have codes on signs that you scan with your phone.  It’s not a problem if you’d rather not  - you won’t be alone, either.  

Thank you! I was really wondering if I had to take it! So glad I don't! I could see me losing it really easy.😂

On our Divina Cruise last month there was always a printed copy of the dailies in our room for the next day, the night before.

Also, in the Black Crab we were handed a paper menu each night for dinner.

At the bars it was all QR codes

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have never and do not plan on taking a cell phone and carrying it around the ship with me.

My cell phone is a 3G flip phone.  3G is going away soon and my phone will be obsolete.  Reluctantly, I have waved the "white flag" and have ordered my first smart phone that is compatible with 4G and 5G.  With the plan that I have, I will be paying about $3 more than what I have been paying for more benefits.  And, the phone is a quality phone being sold at a reasonable price with a provider discount and a monthly AARP discount included.  

Is it my intention to use it during a cruse?  No.  But, if I need to do so, I will be able to do so.  My concern was what I perceive is a gradual move--for whatever reason--to QR codes.  The phone will be able to access those codes.  If, of course, I will be able to learn how to use them on this "smart" phone being used by a "non smart tech" owner.  

17 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I have never and do not plan on taking a cell phone and carrying it around the ship with me.  I seen a video and the girl said no paper menus, you have to get the menu on your phone. Well, what are they going to do when I have no phone?

I was on the Seashore last week and paper menus are available at the MDR.  My kids did not have their cellphones and were given a paper menu each night.  At the bars, menus were available but you have to ask for them.

The daily newsletters are still paper and they are delivered to your cabin every night.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Glad I never plan on going to Malaysia then

Slightly off topic but I wonder how other countries handle the pandemic without QR codes for vaccination proof, entry to restaurants, shops, airport ... 

Malaysia is definitely not the only one.