Room service offerings

DougK

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered a bunch... I haven't been able to find it either on this board or the Holland America web site.

What is the room service menu like on Holland America? Is it possible to order off the full dining room menu during dinner hours? Is there any course-by-course service at any level of stateroom/suite?

I have sailed Celebrity and Windstar in the past, and enjoyed the ability to order a real dinner in the cabin on nights when I didn't feel like going to the dining room. The butler service in a suite on Celebrity was particularly nice with course-by-course service, so the ice cream didn't melt while I was enjoying the soup...

I'm now considering Holland America, and wondering what my room service options are.

Thanks much.

Doug

The answers to your questions are yes! in-cabin dinner may be ordered from the dining room menu if you place you order during the early part of the 1st seating. Delivery is the time of your choice. Most entrees are available. They are also available in the Lido.

Room service is available 24 hours and most times, if you call they will try to accomdodate you even if your choice is not on the room service menu. We rarely filled out the breakfast card but preferred to call in our order.

We have ordered snack trays and/or sandwiches at all hours. There are fewer pickings very late at night but there's always items that are readily available.

GN

Is there any course-by-course service at any level of stateroom/suite?

I have sailed Celebrity and Windstar in the past, and enjoyed the ability to order a real dinner in the cabin on nights when I didn't feel like going to the dining room. The butler service in a suite on Celebrity was particularly nice with course-by-course service, so the ice cream didn't melt while I was enjoying the soup...

dont recall if its available on hal ---as i recall they wheel it in all at once-- on our last celebrity cruise it was of course course by course and that was really relaxed dining

Archived