Price drop after final payment

dv70

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

How long did it take for you to get your refunds after your refare adjustment?  My cruise fare was reduced after final payment and my TA told me according to the Princess agent, the refund will take 4-6 weeks for it to be credited back to my credit card and Princess gift cards. 

This is the 2nd time I requested an adjustment after my final payment (1st adjustment for $600, and this adjustment for $400).  My cruise is 56 days away.  The Princess agent told my TA to let me know this adjustment will be my last adjustment regardless of whether the price goes down more.  The Princess agent said she had just marked my cruise booking as a "non-refundable deposit" booking,  so to not allowed me to get further reductions.  I won't be surprised the fare will drop a lot more.

I refared on Oct 10th. and  I had one other drop along the way after Oct. 10th. I finally have everything settled this week. I could book my balcony right now without the perks and with $100 OBC for $696 all in plus insurance. I don't see the perks offer anymore. I'm happy with my price and after losing my cabin a few times I'm back on Dolphin deck with a smaller balcony.  

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Sounds like you booked directly with Princess.  I wonder if it is because I booked through a TA.  For my 1st adjustment, my TA called Princess and refared.  Adjusted 3 weeks ago and no credit showing on my credit card account yet.  The 2nd adjustment was done last week, this time, my TA used Princess Chat.  The agent on the Chat agreed to adjusted the price again but informed my TA that will be the last adjustment and the Princess Chat agent changed my booking to "non-refundable deposit" meaning no further price adjustment.   

Yes I booked directly with Princess.

• 4 weeks later...

I see a major price drop for my booking but it is past final payment date. I have been told the price drop is for new bookings only. Is it possible to use the Book with Confidence policy to cancel even if you have purchased the Princess Vacation Protection? If so is the FCC issued immediately via  Book with Confidence so I could turn round and book with the new fare using the FCC?

Yes. My PVP canceled and rebooked for me last week making it a 'new booking.' Its dropped again about $150 but I'll wait until 40 days out (61 days now) and redo through chat. Had the refunded FCC immediately put on next cruise. I still owe $325 on August cruise so maybe I'll luck out

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 11:22 PM, brisalta said:

I see a major price drop for my booking but it is past final payment date. I have been told the price drop is for new bookings only. Is it possible to use the Book with Confidence policy to cancel even if you have purchased the Princess Vacation Protection? If so is the FCC issued immediately via  Book with Confidence so I could turn round and book with the new fare using the FCC?

We've had no luck with getting OBC, refunds or upgrades on our 2 May Royal sailing out of Vancouver. We booked directly via the Princess website, and shortly after final payment the cruise prices dropped below what our initial booking price was in March/April of last year. 

I've tried chatting with the Princess reps as suggested, but both times I got "this doesn't apply." 

When we booked, we got a weird promo that was basically Princess Plus, with a box of chocolate, a stateroom location upgrade and a specialty dinner. Maybe we can't get any OBC we're locking into that? 

• Like 1