Spacing of occupied passenger cabins in light of reduced capacity - Seashore/Divina/Merv

Native Floridian 26

Does there seem to be any rhyme or reason of how passenger cabins are filled with the reduced capacity?  Are they using every other cabin, or bunching cabins together and have other bunches empty?  I know there is not much precedent on Seashore from US, but curious how they are assigning the cabins.

17 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Does there seem to be any rhyme or reason of how passenger cabins are filled with the reduced capacity?  Are they using every other cabin, or bunching cabins together and have other bunches empty?  I know there is not much precedent on Seashore from US, but curious how they are assigning the cabins.

No idea, all I know is my Seashore cabin was put into a Guarantee cabin and even though others on my cruise have been assigned, we are still waiting for our assignment.  What ticks me off is that our cabin shows that it is available to book!

Just now, ready2cruzagain said:

No idea, all I know is my Seashore cabin was put into a Guarantee cabin and even though others on my cruise have been assigned, we are still waiting for our assignment.  What ticks me off is that our cabin shows that it is available to book!

What's your cruise date?  Have you called asking to be assigned that cabin?  My Seashore cabin was also taken away, made Guarantee then assigned different just before their cabin cat changeover mid-November.  Since then I have gotten them to change the cabin once.  I keep looking to see if anything better in same category comes open and I'll call again to change.

17 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

It’s a head scratcher for sure. We were on Divina 11/14th in a rear facing aft 11270 and every rear aft was occupied so no way they were doing every other room. 

There were only 490 passengers on our sailing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

What's your cruise date?  Have you called asking to be assigned that cabin?  My Seashore cabin was also taken away, made Guarantee then assigned different just before their cabin cat changeover mid-November.  Since then I have gotten them to change the cabin once.  I keep looking to see if anything better in same category comes open and I'll call again to change.

Sail date is Feb. 26th.  It is a 2 week cruise booked as 1.  Our first half the cabin does not show as available but that cruise the cabins were never thrown into a Guarantee.  The second half of the cruise is the one where our cabin shows as available, March 5th.  They cannot give us two different cabins for the 2 weeks because we booked as one cruise.  

I have called numerous times and been told it will be reassigned soon and there is nothing they can do.  I told dh that I am going to call next week and ask to speak to a Supervisor. We paid more for a Fantastica cabin so that we could pick that exact cabin but yet here we are in a Guarantee. Really starting to tick me off.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Sail date is Feb. 26th.  It is a 2 week cruise booked as 1.  Our first half the cabin does not show as available but that cruise the cabins were never thrown into a Guarantee.  The second half of the cruise is the one where our cabin shows as available, March 5th.  They cannot give us two different cabins for the 2 weeks because we booked as one cruise.  

I have called numerous times and been told it will be reassigned soon and there is nothing they can do.  I told dh that I am going to call next week and ask to speak to a Supervisor. We paid more for a Fantastica cabin so that we could pick that exact cabin but yet here we are in a Guarantee. Really starting to tick me off.  

Just curious did you guys complete web check in yet?

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

No not yet

I really wonder if that’s why some are being switched to gty

I booked our (Fantastica balcony) Jan 8th cruise on Seashore this Monday and completed the web check in immediately (since I had to pay in full at time of booking.)

I really think this makes a difference in keeping your chosen room.  
The next day I received the offer to bid for an upgrade. 
It just seems that once you do the check in they don’t mess with your reservation. 

If you’re paid in full I would do it

9 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I booked our (Fantastica balcony) Jan 8th cruise on Seashore this Monday and completed the web check in immediately (since I had to pay in full at time of booking.)

It just seems that once you do the check in they don’t mess with your reservation. 

I will do it in the morning, for some reason dh's passport number is not saved on our reservation so have to get that out to finish web check in.  Hoping you are right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, styles27 said:

Not in my case.  I am paid in full and have completed the web check in.  I was still switched from the cabin I picked to a "guaranty" cabin for my Jan 15 cruise on the Seashore.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2021 at 9:12 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

same here!

On 12/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, styles27 said:

It’s a head scratcher for sure. We were on Divina 11/14th in a rear facing aft 11270 and every rear aft was occupied so no way they were doing every other room. 

This is a head scratcher for sure. I am just off the Divina and was in an aft balcony on deck 11 also. The entire cruise, I saw one person in that area (other than the stateroom attendant). So just the opposite experience. In fact, I never saw anyone else aft of the quarantine sections that now take up portions of decks 8, 10, 11, and 12 and all of 9. Maybe they were all honeymooners or something and never came out of their stateroom. But I ordinarily wear earplugs at night on a cruise because I'm sensitive to noise, but I didn't this time because there was no noise (except from the aft thrusters, but that's another story).

I had to take the aft elevator only, and since it stops at deck 6, I had to traverse the ship on deck 7 to get to deck 5. It was a little challenging, as it sometime seemed "you just can't get there from here."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

This is a head scratcher for sure. I am just off the Divina and was in an aft balcony on deck 11 also. The entire cruise, I saw one person in that area (other than the stateroom attendant). So just the opposite experience. In fact, I never saw anyone else aft of the quarantine sections that now take up portions of decks 8, 10, 11, and 12 and all of 9. Maybe they were all honeymooners or something and never came out of their stateroom. But I ordinarily wear earplugs at night on a cruise because I'm sensitive to noise, but I didn't this time because there was no noise (except from the aft thrusters, but that's another story).

I had to take the aft elevator only, and since it stops at deck 6, I had to traverse the ship on deck 7 to get to deck 5. It was a little challenging, as it sometime seemed "you just can't get there from here."

Our room was very quiet despite having neighbors.
The only reason I know they were all booked is we said hi whenever we were out on our balconies at the railings we could see each other. 
I also met cc member @quattroheadand his wife they were also in an aft facing balcony a few doors down from us. 

The detour certainly added a lot of steps onto our day that’s for sure.

We also used deck 7 to walk through but by day 3 it was getting hard to avoid the photographer who was set up there outside Butcher’s Cut lol.

Because we only had 490 passengers they were really hounding us to take pictures.
 I never posed for so many pictures. My husband was like “just say no to them” but I didn’t have the heart to lol

• Like 1

This was our experience on the Meraviglia in September. We booked an aft balcony cabin on deck 9, but about 2 days before departure, our cabin was changed to another one on deck 11. I called MSC and asked if I could have my original cabin back (I had hand picked it for its location and larger, angled balcony). They said that I’d need to make the change once onboard.

So I did. Once on the ship, I proceeded straight to Guest Services. Even though they couldn’t give me my original cabin back, they moved me to another cabin on deck 12 at least on the side of the ship that I wanted to be on. 

When I asked why they couldn’t give me my original cabin back, they said that it was due to staffing, and that they were attempting to keep all occupied cabins in the same sections of the ship. 

it turned out to be a mild nuisance, partly because I told myself to not be more annoyed by it and I chalked it all up to being part of cruising during these times of Covid. We still had a great cruise but I wish that MSC would’ve been a bit more forthcoming about the reasons for the cabin reassignments when we booked, rather than being blindsided about it 2 days before departure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Our room was very quiet despite having neighbors.
The only reason I know they were all booked is we said hi whenever we were out on our balconies at the railings we could see each other. 
I also met cc member @quattroheadand his wife they were also in an aft facing balcony a few doors down from us. 

The detour certainly added a lot of steps onto our day that’s for sure.

We also used deck 7 to walk through but by day 3 it was getting hard to avoid the photographer who was set up there outside Butcher’s Cut lol.

Because we only had 490 passengers they were really hounding us to take pictures.
 I never posed for so many pictures. My husband was like “just say no to them” but I didn’t have the heart to lol

Just use the James Bond hat-shield move. 😁

760712479_Hatblock.jpg.94e279e59080cb016f7ad93676c40190.jpg
(From Dr. No.)

• Haha 1