Viking Jupiter - Passengers may be stuck on board in Argentina

Nachosdelux

On 12/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, BuckGood said:

It’s such a shame you chose to cancel as a FabTabulas time was had by All! $500 OBC pp, 3 extra days on board with the Best crew! And now we just got an email saying Viking will be Refunding 50% of cruise fare in a future cruise voucher! We are Very satisfied!

I'm kinda hoping my upcoming Silversea FLL to Guayaquil has a similar happy ending. Unfortunately I know they won't be as generous. I was amazed at the goodwill given to those on Viking Sky in its final few days when it went pair shaped.

• 7 months later...

Wow, just read this thread. We're doing this cruise in November, 2022. Don't know if anyone will see this almost a year later. If so, what was the weather like? I know weather changes, but an idea of what it was like for your trip would help. I've looked at the average temperatures and weather in all the ports, but would just like a "human" summary if possible and an idea on what kind of weather to pack for.  Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, Grettiegoo said:

Wow, just read this thread. We're doing this cruise in November, 2022. Don't know if anyone will see this almost a year later. If so, what was the weather like? I know weather changes, but an idea of what it was like for your trip would help. I've looked at the average temperatures and weather in all the ports, but would just like a "human" summary if possible and an idea on what kind of weather to pack for.  Thank you so much!

I had wonderful weather last December but we couldn’t get off the ship in Argentina. I hope you can this year 

2 hours ago, Grettiegoo said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will do a lot better if you ask your question in a new "topic" rather than tacking it on on to an old topic, as your question has little to do with the stated topic of the thread.

To start a new topic, go back to the topic of the Viking Oceans forum and click the button at the topic of the list of topics that says "Start New Topic."  It is a good question that shouldn't be buried in an old thread.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grettiegoo said:

The weather was fabulous in both Uruguay and Argentina in early Dec, warm and sunny.

• Like 1

We were on this cruise in 2019 - loved it.  Barcelona was quite cold, Malaga cool but after that it was warm all the way.  Sea was calm all the way over and we spent many hours by the pool.  Rio was cloudy but hot and we enjoyed the all day excursion including an amazing lunch.  Uruguay and BA were resplendent in flowering Jacaranda trees.  Hope to take this cruise again in another couple of years.

• Like 1